[RESOLVED] VIA CHIP SET MOTBERBOARD ERROR WITH W2K PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] VIA CHIP SET MOTBERBOARD ERROR WITH W2K PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkessie

Wink VIA CHIP SET MOTBERBOARD ERROR WITH W2K PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to post this again, i have a windows 2k OS and a new motherboard with via chip set will not work with this OS my co worker tech said that the error codes i gave him tell him its a hardware problem, I dont know whats going on

INACCESSIBLE DEVICE

Hey man when do you get this error? installation or application?
    hey its me again!

What board? I see a few bios updates that relate to win2k.

------------------
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?

Carrion

Would you by chance have a board that uses the VIA 586B south bridge and have multiple hard drives? I get this exact error and as far as I can tell there is no way around it.

Question

Question: is this a fresh install, or a migration from another board? I was running WIn2K on an Asus P5A, and when I upgraded to my Athlon/MSI with the Via KT133, I got a similar error on boot-up....ended up I had to reinstall Win2K, because it just can't migrate from one chipset to another. And believe me, I went into the console and disabled EVERY service in there.
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000