the insane case mod revisited...is it possible?

Thread: the insane case mod revisited...is it possible?

Post the insane case mod revisited...is it possible?

yea ok I'm one sick bastard for actually looking into this. For those who didn't read about it back when, I had an idea of putting a computer on tank-style treads and radio control so you could wheel it in w/o having to carry it in (assuming is feasible).

Ok, well, yea, I looked into if it would be possible...and yea, it is. At school we have a book for senior projects -- different, odd ball parts you could use...and there they were, 6 different sets of treads, different load tolerance, and optional controls....

So -- another question asked -- will I do such a thing and ya know...I ...shouldn't but I think I will over the summer just for laughs.

How would I power this you ask?...very very simple design. Go to radio shack and get one of those big @$$ bridge rectifiers, there's your power supply and battery charger. Use one of those power wheels motors out of yer brothers/sisters power wheel car they never use and scrap the battery out of it. If your lucky like I am, you can get 4 of those batteries they put in backup systems

I'll let ya know when/if I put it together (I already have the batteries)

Dude, i was gonna do the same thing to my mod, heres the pic:

Although, i lost interest in moving a full tower around.

I was gonna use a remote controlled TANK.

It woulda moved it, it had alotta tork.

Other than that, do it up!! And post pics when finished of course.

Registered User Guysdrinkingbeer's Avatar

I love the idea. Totally go for it. I was thinking, is the computer going to be running while "on the move" or is this just a mode of transport. Either way it is REALLY a cool idea.
    "Don't Panic" in large friendly letters on the cover.

[quote]Originally posted by Guysdrinkingbeer:
    <strong>I love the idea. Totally go for it. I was thinking, is the computer going to be running while "on the move" or is this just a mode of transport. Either way it is REALLY a cool idea.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, I was shootin fer a transport only but...I guess since I'd have all the stuff already there, I could make it a UPS....just wouldn't last very long.

I'd love to see this mod when it is finished! Shoot, if you set a UPS on it and grab a flat screen monitor it would be like having a laptop, only bigger and on tank treads!

do it man you can do it.....we would all love to see it when finished. CMT

<a href="http://www.pimprig.com/gallery/gallery/cases/IMAGE015.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.pimprig.com/gallery/gallery/cases/IMAGE015.jpg</a>
    HUNGRY?.....UNEMPLOYED?.....EAT YOUR F#%$ING
    JAP CAR!!!!!!!

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

I just have castors and a kayak paddle, transport for you and your PC in one go, only for use on smooth terrain though
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

put a turret on it that fires nerf balls at people that kill you in lan parties.
    EDITED BY SOWULO

Smile

[quote]Originally posted by gxavier:
    <strong>put a turret on it that fires nerf balls at people that kill you in lan parties. </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL

Go for it!

Do it!

You know you want to!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Lightbulb

The whole tank thing is kinda like an abortive Robot Wars thing we went for about three years ago. Admittedly we needed a little more power than you, but the whole system was built on an alloy steel chassis (heat-treated and everything) using two (1.0 litre engine rated) car starter motors for driving the back wheel of the tracks. Obviously, one had to run in reverse permanently with respect to the other. God, the speed controller system was ludicrous. MOSFETS left right and centre. Big, 30A rated things. In the end we had to liquid cool it. Give you any ideas. I've got the schematics and probably the circuit diagrams somewhere...
    FAIR USE IS A RIGHT, NOT A PRIVILEDGE.

Athlon 1700XP, MSI K7 Master S, 512MB Crucial 2100, 2 × 18.2GB Maxtor Atlas 10K III, Bog-standard Geforce 2 Ti 64MB DDR, nice big Iiyama VMPro 452 and a SBLive! somewhere in there too, with the mother of all custom paintjobs on my spanking new Aopen H600A. And you wouldn't believe how stable 98SE/ME is on it!! 2K/XP however, now that's a different
    story... Damned ACPI!!

[quote]Originally posted by adept:
    <strong>

LOL
    Go for it!
    Do it!
    You know you want to!</strong><hr></blockquote>

...hhmmmmm....not a bad idea ...make it so the top 1/2 rotates (where the cd drives are) ...I ..could do that...would be a hell of a lot of robotics though