Columbine sueing game devolopers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Columbine sueing game devolopers

I echo JvaGuy and Window_Washer on this...getting a little out of hand...
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Elbatcho

Talking

I'm going to Sue Cobra for allowing me to be his Lackey and becoming evil, if it wasn't for him I would be a vet at a petting zoo helping animals and on the weekend I would read out of the bible to blind Nun's and sing songs to the tone deaf. Yeah i think this will fly.

OMG! this is the last straw. Now i'm just gonna have to go home shave my head cover my windows with bible pages and killed everyone stupid whos pissed me off!

C'mon Gimmie A Break!
    There are no stupid questions! Just stupid (l)users!

Well, after playing Daikatana I felt influenced to go out and kill John Romero...
    ...I don't get it...

Elbatcho

Talking

I was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and all of a sudden I felt an urge to go build a roller coaster, it was like a voice in my head. Build a 9 looper it said over and over again. Build it and they shall come. Whats this mean?

The first three computer games I owned were Wolfenstein, Doom, and Duke Nukem. I have NEVER felt an urge to go shoot someone dead(at least, not seriously). Frankly, fragging the heck out of someone in UT helps me relax and get the tension out. The real problem in cases like this is not related to the games, and society needs to start looking to the adults in these kids lifes. There, I think, they will find the real cause.
    <a href="http://www.8ung.at/furlong47" target="_blank">Furlong47's Poetry Page</a>
    <a href="http://roadtrip.d-domains.net" target="_blank">ROADTRIP!!!</a>

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower, start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm. -- Dean Webber

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Red face

I hope they lose the case, then have to pay court costs. Then get a flat tire on the way home.
    If they actually get awarded a settlement, I am moving to the UK before i die of embarrasment!
    I guess my case against the estate of Tupac is looking up tho- these gangsta dreams i keep having are causing headaches which prevent me from realizing my full potential as a human being...
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Originally posted by furlong47:
    The first three computer games I owned were Wolfenstein, Doom, and Duke Nukem. I have NEVER felt an urge to go shoot someone dead(at least, not seriously).
    well i often realy want to shot somebody but understand the consiquances and have self control
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

Anyone remember when a family tried to sue Ozzy Osborne for his songs over which some loser killed himself?

Nothing ever came of it, and so will this end.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

I don't understand this point of view at all...if video games are the root of all evil then how do you explain crimes of this nature from 50 years ago...100 years ago? This isn't a new phenomenon it's just a scape goat for people who are too scared to look within themselves and find the source of their own problems.

This is a factual thig people!!!

People get twisted from vid game use!

What was that game Hitler played? And, Kahn used to play, wel I can't think about it now.

Nero used to play unreal tournament you know! That's where he got the idea to slaughter the crhistians!

Mistake one kids went to school with their problems instead of to their parents. Mistake two parents went to media with their problems instead of other parents.
    Who is being left out of the loop? (or should i say ring of blame?)

If I ever grow up to be an adult that stupid I'm honestly kill myself. (And then you guys can all get sued cuz its your fault for participating in this discusion)
    There are no stupid questions! Just stupid (l)users!

WTF is wrong with people?

Yes I am suing the hot girl in my class because she is so beautiful that staring at her caused me to do poorly on my test.

I also forgot, I am going to sue the maker of my mattress for lost wages for making it so comfortable that I slept through work.

This is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen, it's a disgrace to those kids' memories.
    "...my ties I've severed clean
    less I have, the more I gain
    off the beaten path I reign..."

Lightbulb

So, I was reading this and thinking, If they sue our video game developers (and win) then those developers would have to pay a large sum of money. This money would have to be made up for in some fashon, so the developers would (like the tobacco companies) be forced to raise their game costs. Now that would be a shame, because a larger portion the tech workers hard earned paychecks would be required to buy our wonderful games. Couldn't we form a class action suit against those familes for directly causing an increase in game rates? Hmmm... I'm in, anyone else?

~J
    - Hey, why is it I see so many ads now that I have a cable modem?
    - That's because you're online a lot more.
    - oh yeah.

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Jubii:
    So, I was reading this and thinking, If they sue our video game developers (and win) then those developers would have to pay a large sum of money. This money would have to be made up for in some fashon, so the developers would (like the tobacco companies) be forced to raise their game costs. Now that would be a shame, because a larger portion the tech workers hard earned paychecks would be required to buy our wonderful games. Couldn't we form a class action suit against those familes for directly causing an increase in game rates? Hmmm... I'm in, anyone else?

~J
    No but we could Sue the families for allowing there childern to Bully other kids and that caused the rise in prices. We would have to prove that we were not inffluenced by these games so that means that Cobra and I would not be allowed to testify. We would also have to prove that the game price hike was directly related to the law suit. The amount of time and effort to do this would be so silly it would be a waste of time. However I am going to sue Fox for creating a game show called boot camp. I went to boot camp and never won any money for it so I think Fox owes me $500,000 because I compleated it. It may just work.