[RESOLVED] What does your name mean? - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] What does your name mean?

hmm...

I always liked condor... ever since the French/Spanish Cartoon series "Les Citées d'or" (the cities of gold)

always used condor for internet/online thingies..

you can see what it means in my signature..

DigiFuge is the name of the company I started for unsigned bands in my area.
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.

visit http://www.digifuge.com

Cool

Nick from high school just stuck.
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

J first name
    Allen Last name
    tino Middle name (sort of).

Used it for years online.
    "We have assumed control"

Started using it years ago in the days of 300 baud modems. Used it all through college while getting a chem degree and it is shorter then 9,10-Didehydro-6-methyllerdeiline-8-carboxylic acid.

Although if I would have started using it a few years later while in college would have known it should be lysergide and not lysergic...

just what it sounds like

imon = i'm on
    fyre = you guessed it.. fire

came up with it when i started playing rocket jocky... look good with all the other high scores.. sorta carried over to quake for a while.. but i go by K-Bomb when i play nowadays!!

got 100-watt warlock here
    whats yours???
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

As an Aircrewman in the Navy (1981-84) I used to play RISK (the board game) with a few of the pilots (still undefeated). One commented on my strategy one day when he saw what I was doing, Ah, there is method to the mayhem. The next day it was my callsign. been using it since. But when I started playing Fighters Anthology online (94), someone had already taken MAYHEM, I saw that the asteric was acceptable so I put one at each end. Used it that way since.
    The Dragon has left the building.

Mine is pretty self-explanatory. Well it was either this or the "f" word or the "s" word but I don't think the last 2 would be acceptable to use in this fine establishment.

Thank you very much and have a pleasant day!

well.....

When I first started using the Internet and IRC back in the 1930's during prohibition in the US, my nickname was Jester or some derivative of it. As the online community exploded in the mid to late 90s people started to steal my nickname so they could be as famous as I was.

So I had to change, a jester is similar to a klown and can be a tad bit evil (not as in Evil Inc. mind you, but evil nonetheless) so I put the 2 together and changed the c to a k to make it a bit more original and greater chance to use it instead of a new identity for different places.

EvilKlown

Now, who was it that said something about friends who deal in reality ?
    Initiative + Technology = Initech

Talking

Definately my name doesn't mean Russian LAN networks It's my real first name.
    It's historic name of one famous Russian knight.
    About my avatar - I've chosen this avatar because I'm little looks like that hero of "Star Wars".

Originally posted by window_washer:
    I find people with reality problems are the best people to call your friends. People who like reality are SICK.
    And this coming from a guy in a clamshell.. go figure..
    Mine is pretty self explanatory also..
    I've gone by Lady for years.. not that I'm some prissy princess or something..but I do not care for gutter language every other word and I always say please and thankyou.. granted there ARE times when I forget "who" I am..
    There are only two things in life, but I forgot what they are. --John Hiatt

Well, I'm not going to bore people with my screen name origin. So I'll just pad my post count with this meaningless post.

Only 183 more posts to 500. Yeah!
    end of line.

Mine is kind of a combo of two nicknames I have. One Blah, and the other Frau. There is really no relevence to either, I just have some really f@%ked up friends who like to make up names for me. Somehow they got Blah out of Brad, and Frau out of Pfautsch (pronounced Fouch).

mine means King Grover.
    It's good to be the King.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar

A few years ago, while involved in an ongoing game of Star Fleet Battles, I was commanding a fleet of Klingon ships. One of the ships (a D7 Battlecruiser) had an ADD (anti-drone drone) that never missed. Ever.

Each time I rolled to shoot down a drone with this particular cruiser's ADD, I would hit every time. This evolved into a fictional ADD gunner Lt. Klarg. Our Kzinti player would have fits trying to kill it.

(On a historical note, the D7 finally died when 6 type 4 drones impacted it. Klarg had run out of ammo. It made a successful boom separation, however, and he survived. The boom came back attached to a brand new secondary hull, and Klarg was promoted, with legendary abilites. )
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.