[RESOLVED] Things you hate to do...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Things you hate to do...

AFJuvat

Post Things you hate to do...

What is that one aspect of your job (aside from ID10T/customer errors) that you really don't like? Everyone has that one little job that if they could, would make someone else do.

I hate making custom IDE/SCSI/fiber optic cables....

AFJuvat

My boss makes me lance his boils!! Thats gross but not as bad as shaving the corns of his feet...

Just kidding!!
    I don't like calling customers to tell them that their data is gone and that they should have been backing stuff up! I hate giving bad news!!

------------------
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?
    hAS ANYONE SEEN MY "cAPS lOCK kEY"?

cheezmonkey

Thumbs down

replacing god damn AT powersupplies...
    ARRGH!

------------------
    No girl deserves my tears, and the one who does will never make me cry.

Dealing with suppliers.

------------------
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.

Fixing old machines (486's and P70's).

Replacing Power Supply fans!

Replacing AT Power Supplies!

Moving hardware from old desktops into new ones.

Blowing out tons of dust.

Replacing all those faulty PPGA-To-Slot1 adaptors!

Trying to find out why Fifa2001 is not working on brand-new machines.

Trying to find out why EA Sports' games are not working with a Riva TNT2 graphics card, after having installed the latest Detonator driver!

Asking the suppliers if they will accept a 2 years old HDD I RMA'ed yesterday.

Answering to the most stupid phone calls.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

evilcabbage

Things I hate?

Getting out of bed.
    Staying sober on friday nights.
    Stupid sitcoms.
    Jerry Sienfeld.
    Australian Dramas.
    'Cowboys' calling themselves Techs.
    Telling a client, the machine they paid $4000 for, is complete crap.
    Sitting at my desk, trying not to strangle the silly women that keep breaking things, when I explain to them, like children, how to avoid breaking things in future.

Yup, Im a bit dark at the moment lads.

MacGyver

Angry

Juggling IRQ's manually when plug-n-pray won't work like it's supposed to.

theblueghost

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by evilcabbage:
    Things I hate?

Getting out of bed.
    Staying sober on friday nights.
    Stupid sitcoms.
    Jerry Sienfeld.
    Australian Dramas.
    'Cowboys' calling themselves Techs.
    Telling a client, the machine they paid $4000 for, is complete crap.
    Sitting at my desk, trying not to strangle the silly women that keep breaking things, when I explain to them, like children, how to avoid breaking things in future.

Yup, Im a bit dark at the moment lads.
    </font>
    This "cowboy" in Texas isn't a tech, he's a network administrator! And I hate changing power supplies, fixing hard drives that crashed, and defending the greatest comedian ever, Jerry Seinfeld!

------------------
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

I hate going to a business (we charge $50) to work on their $85 piece-of-junk printer.

I hate calling customers to explain the grinding noise was their hard drive, and that all their information is lost.

I hate working on old machines. "Yes I can get your Packard Bell 486 on the Internet but it ain't gonna be pretty."

Working at a new business where every NT machine has a different Administrator password, each password is known by a different employee, and each of those employees "was just here a few minutes ago."

------------------
    Science is cool. Watch me science little animals to death: http://oberon.spaceports.com/~4science/
    --------------------------
    Laugh at your problems... Everybody else does!

slkdprk

1. working on old slow puters running win95/98se
    2. trying to get people to understand that their old p75 is not upgradable.
    3. having customers tell me that even though they installed 15 different hardware and ram tweekers and then just deleted the folder when they were done, that they don't think they should have to pay for the reload.
    4. not having my mornig dew
    5. clients who pump me for info then go out and buy a comcrap or a dell. then have the nerve to come back and tell me about their great new computer.
    6. building a totally kickass system for a client that will only use it to check e-mail or play solitaire, but has the money to buy the best.
    7. being on this frickin dial-up when the other shop has sdsl and cable modem.

------------------
    It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand.

iateyourcat

i hate the way the hidden showercam fogs up just as i'm about to

i hate being out of change in the morning and not being able to feed my caffine habbit

i hate people who drive too close behind me

i hate people who won't drive faster or get out of my way

i hate rebooting machines.. i don't care how fast it is

i hate 20 degree weather in atlanta..ATLANTA!!

i hate when my phone rings 5 minutes before quiting time

i hate the way my firm belief in chaos and disorder is always contridicted by the deliberate, methodical, devious acts raged upon me //one could base a theory of computer awareness solely on my impossible experiences

i hate the way i'll all of a sudden think of my dead relatives while i'm masturbating and wonder if they are watching me

i hate negativity

------------------
    =-iateyourcat-=

[This message has been edited by iateyourcat (edited January 18, 2001).]

TheoneDKS

When one of my users call and say: and I quote "I haven't been able to the internet all day, what did you do."
    I try to do mainance on users machines when they are not in there office. Many times I have heard "What are you f*cking up now?" do they actualy think that is funny?

captpackrat

Unhappy

I hate trying to remove & install the heatsinks that come with Intel Coppermine CPU's. Nearly ripped off a couple sockets, those things are so tight.

I also hate having to work on the cables in the ceiling. Damn insulation rains down over me, and I wind up all sweaty and dirty. Last time, I'd forgotten my towel, so I couldn't take a shower afterwards! Yuck!

------------------
    Captain Troy D. Pack Rat
    `akbar Press

If you're furry and you know it, hug the mouse!

SiCkNuT

I hate smurfs...

------------------
    [ i N S A N i T Y 2 0 0 0 ]

lgrimm

1. Users that think we are out to get them, and only them. Example: Every time they mess with my copmuter it doesn't work for a month.

2. Crawling under desks that have dust bunnies breeding on top of the case and everywhere else. Then walking around all day with that CRAP all over me and sneezing to boot!

3. Users that think they know it all. And them calling me just for "verification" that they were right.

4. Users in general. Most of what we tell them (especially when we have spelled it out in documents sent to them, pics and all) is not rocket science. (KIDS-give 'em books and they eat the covers!!!)) I mean really, you give them the documentation and they still don't have a CLUE!!! HOW HARD CAN IT BE????? Sorry, bad day, in the middle of converting to a 2000/NT network!!

But all in all (belive it or not) I love my job!@@!!!! Just wouldn't know it right
    now.

<- Me after the conversion is done....

------------------
    Ever stop to think....and forget to start again?