Things to know about Austin, Texas
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things to know about Austin, Texas

Post Things to know about Austin, Texas

Top Then things you should know about Austin, Texas

10. If you drive a truck, do not try and park in the “compact car” parking spaces
    9. If you drive a Honda Civic,……. Well… I’m sorry
    8. If your Homosexual do not buy a 350 Chevy dually.
    7. If you are Homosexual then have no worries. We judge people by their character, not their sexual preference
    6. If you’re a 15 little geek punk wanna be then we have a special place for you. It’s called “California”.
    5. If your see Kickers (wanna be cowboys) helping street punks don’t be surprised. Refer to rule 7
    4. If your from Florida go back home
    3. Do not say Ya’ll, earl (oil), or Yee Haw. Those words are reserved for West Texans.
    2. If your from Houston then go back unless you hate Houston and are just living there because the rent is cheap (Thank cleetus for this one )
    1. PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!
    Sofa King Retarded

WHAT?

Oh sorry thought you were talking about Austin, Steve. j/k

WHAT?

[quote]Originally posted by deh1217:
    <strong>WHAT?

Oh sorry thought you were talking about Austin, Steve. j/k

WHAT?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You mean Steve "STONE COLD" Austin? He is from Victoria, Texas. Yes he is about as close to a Texan as you can get. Except for the Knee Braces, those are fer sissies
    Sofa King Retarded

Love the registration requirement to drink in Plano. They actually track you. I was working down there on my b-day and so after work, night before flight back I got f****d up. They actually flagged me. I was thinking "Damn I thought there were some drinkers down here." And no I wasn't showing the need to be flagged. Up here you get flagged when you spill your drink.

Banned

Don't forget to mention that walking through town singing "Saw Varsities horns off" might result in a massive butt whoopin.

Honestly though, Austin is a pretty cool city to party in and has some kick a@# music.

Banned

You don't go to Plano to drink, trust me, I grew up there, we didn't drink there.

Yeah I got that vibe but I was pretty much stuck there, so I made the best of it. I guess I couldve went to Dallas but I probably wouldn't of made it back to my hotel in that condition.

<strong>Love the registration requirement to drink in Plano. They actually track you. I was working down there on my b-day and so after work, night before flight back I got f****d up. They actually flagged me. I was thinking "Damn I thought there were some drinkers down here." And no I wasn't showing the need to be flagged. Up here you get flagged when you spill your drink.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Plano sucks! Dallas is not far behind either! That whole drink card registration thing pisses me off. We have rights in this country! Not privileges!
    Sofa King Retarded

Plano does have some nice houses though. I don't go much maybe 2 times a year for work.
    Too f'n hot for me though. "But it's a dry heat" hehe.

You know though one thing has dissappointed me, been going there for about 4 years. I NEVER have seen the good thunderstorm that Texas boasts having. I've seen a couple of thunderstorm there but nothing more than what I see here in Jersey.

That always disappoints me.

<strong>Plano does have some nice houses though. I don't go much maybe 2 times a year for work.
    Too f'n hot for me though. "But it's a dry heat" hehe.

You know though one thing has dissappointed me, been going there for about 4 years. I NEVER have seen the good thunderstorm that Texas boasts having. I've seen a couple of thunderstorm there but nothing more than what I see here in Jersey.

That always disappoints me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where were you last year?
    Sofa King Retarded

[quote] Where were you last year?
    <hr></blockquote>

For the most part here at home. I probably spent a combined stay of 7 days in Dallas last year (2 trips).
    I may have to start booking based on the Weather Channel.

LOL! If you ever make a trip to Austin let me know
    Sofa King Retarded

Banned

Ever since Plano got rid of all of the trailor parks the big storms have stayed away. You will have to go further north to Wichita Falls, or travel I 35 down towards Austin. I have seen 2 different tornados while driving on that rode.
    As far as the cards go, Plano is one of the last bastions of the old "Bible Belt", it is an extremely rich and conservative town. Luckily a lot of new rich has been moving in around the area so it has actually improved in acceptance of things in the last several years. You should have seen all the stink raised when they built the Hooters. Said the front door was too close to some special church or youth center. It was only like 10 feet to close, so they moved the door and were able to open. I am just glad I am out of there.

[quote]Originally posted by cleetus:
    <strong>Ever since Plano got rid of all of the trailor parks the big storms have stayed away. You will have to go further north to Wichita Falls, or travel I 35 down towards Austin. I have seen 2 different tornados while driving on that rode.
    As far as the cards go, Plano is one of the last bastions of the old "Bible Belt", it is an extremely rich and conservative town. Luckily a lot of new rich has been moving in around the area so it has actually improved in acceptance of things in the last several years. You should have seen all the stink raised when they built the Hooters. Said the front door was too close to some special church or youth center. It was only like 10 feet to close, so they moved the door and were able to open. I am just glad I am out of there.</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL! Plano is also the Cocaine hub of Texas. I really do not like Plano.
    Sofa King Retarded

People call me crazy, but I want to see a real live tornado. And those that say that's because I never experienced one don't know me.

Experienced the hurricanes in a couple states here east and let me say some were no joke; blizzards in various states although no tv-no electric can suck and you can get a little cabin fever, minor earthquake in Cali.-that was enough., some OK thunderstorms i guess., minor floods.