Licensing Question

Thread: Licensing Question

Cool Licensing Question

This may seem like an odd way to do this, but the preinstall kit I received is giving me some trouble.

Is is illegal to simply ghost or ezdrive XP from a master hard drive and then simply change the COA in the registry?

Thanks for the info

------------------
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!
    WildTech

Once you image the system, use sysprep.exe to reseal the system. When the customer gets it he will have to reenter the registration number and input his own data. The system will be fully loaded including any other software you loded as well as any drivers. You can do the same thing win Win2K.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by lgsracer:
    Once you image the system, use sysprep.exe to reseal the system. When the customer gets it he will have to reenter the registration number and input his own data. The system will be fully loaded including any other software you loded as well as any drivers. You can do the same thing win Win2K.</font>

So what you are saying is install, say winxp home, don't activate, run sysprep.exe and shutdown the computer. give the customer the coa and send him home?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

This is legal and kosher with Microsoft, right?? Do I need to do anything else to comply with the EULA??

------------------
    WildTech

[This message has been edited by WildTech (edited October 15, 2001).]
    WildTech