Modem Noise

Thread: Modem Noise

Question Modem Noise

I have installed Windows XP and I must say I am very impressed, the only little thing that annoys me is my modem. I have installed the new drivers for it and it works fine but when I connect to the Internet it doesn't stop making the annoying "dialling-up" noise through the system speaker. I have tried disabling the modem speaker all together but that still hasn't worked.

Has anyone got any ideas?
    Minimum Spec: Windows 98
    Can I run this on my pocket calculator?

I've seen several Supra 56K internal modems doing the same thing with other versions of Windows.
    The solution was the newest driver.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Put M0L0 in the extra settings box.
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]

I had similar problem after installing XP. There are two speaker volume adjustment dialogs. Both accessed via Control Panel. First one is in Modem Settings. The second one is in 'Phones and Modems'. Both sliders need to be set to off to disable modem sounds. This fix worked for me.
    Hope this helps.

Steve

Click, START/CONTROL PANEL/PHONE AND MODEMS/PROPERTIES/ADVANCED and in "extra initialization command type " AT&FM" without the
    exclanmation marks and clicl OK.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.