WTF have they done to Winamp! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTF have they done to Winamp!

You know what? I've given it some serious thought. I think I like this 3.0. I mean, why not?
    Hello World

The only thing I like about winamp 3 is the crossfades -Awesome in some cases!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Internet Linebacker
    I installed Winamp 3 a couple of weeks ago, and no sir, I didn't like it. It's not "bad", just that Winamp 2.xx kicked so much ***, it's a tough act to follow. Winamp 3 was decent, but not enough plug-in support yet, and most of the skins look cool, but are to cumbersome to actually use.

So I'm back on teh latest version of Winamp 2 for now. I'll check Winamp 3's plug-in section every so often, and give it another shot once the plug-in selection improves.

I'll wait until I have better hardware to run this new version.

I don't think my PII 350 would appreciate it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I like winamp 3, the only blemish I saw when playing Linkin Park' s Point of Authority video, the color is offbase. It used to be fine before.
    But, I'm not complaining, life's too short for that.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Looks like I'll be sticking with version 2.whateverImRunningNow.

Sheesh, I remember refurbing a computer for a friend of mine that was so slow it wouldn't run anything after v1.79....and even then vis had to be disabled. Even the little spectrum analyzer was too much......and you shoulda seen that little box when the turbo was turned off
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by NooNoo
    The only thing I like about winamp 3 is the crossfades -Awesome in some cases!
    My 2.80 does all that.
    There are no stupid questions! Just stupid (l)users!

i dont normally use winamp but i kinda like it, its pretty kool how it fades out and in to the next song.
    but after reading this i decided to just download it and i think its a keeper

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Wow! Winamp sounds even better now that I replaced my SB Live! card with an Audigy Gamer card, and exchanged those Altec's for a set of CL Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers. Madden 2003 never sounded so realistic.
    Hello World

Then add those to your specs.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Originally posted by GokuSS2
    Then add those to your specs.
    Oh yeah! I forgot. Thanks.
    Hello World

Originally posted by GokuSS2
    Unfortunately you cannot make a Next Generation software product without raising system requirements.
    hummm

only on a windows sytem... blowded thing. My mac doesnt need power to run the OS nor the software and its just as fast and the PC generation.

Everything on the x86 Architecture, companies make so blowded...I mean we have very powerful systems already. maybe if we got some real programmers and real langauges software wouldnt be so big... humm assembly programming anyone ???

c++, vb, and all the languages on windows are to blowded. until the langauge they use is or makes programs smaller in size I guess windows software is screwed..

and then there's this..think i'm going back to music match lol

Madrid, October 4, 2002 - SecurityFocus reports -at
    http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/293569 - a buffer overflow in
    Winamp 3 that could allow arbitrary commands to be run in systems with this
    MP3 player installed.

The buffer overflow is in the wasabi.dll library, which handles .WAL files
    that contain the graphic and configuration files for Winamp 3 skins(*). An
    attacker could construct a skin that, when a user tried to install it, would
    exploit this vulnerability to run arbitrary code in the system.

Until a patch that fixes this security vulnerability is available, Winamp 3
    users are advised not to download skins from unreliable websites in order to
    avoid attacks that exploit this vulnerability.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Originally posted by +Daemon+

hummm

only on a windows sytem... blowded thing. My mac doesnt need power to run the OS nor the software and its just as fast and the PC generation.

Everything on the x86 Architecture, companies make so blowded...I mean we have very powerful systems already. maybe if we got some real programmers and real langauges software wouldnt be so big... humm assembly programming anyone ???

c++, vb, and all the languages on windows are to blowded. until the langauge they use is or makes programs smaller in size I guess windows software is screwed..
    Well we will see when the Linux version of Winamp comes out. Remember that OSX is based of Unix. So the requirements would be about the same.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

I actually prefer Winamp 2 as well, but I am using 3 just for the hell of it atm, I might reformat soon though, and then I may just use 2 (or use XMMS, if I choose to go Linux)
    I'd be the village idiot, but that spot is already taken.

Note to self: No-one cares about your system specs