21 43.75%
  • Truck baby!! i gots me a pickup

15 31.25%
  • I don't care as long as it has 4 wheels

12 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Car or Truck

Car or Truck

i myself am a die hard truck fan. i've always driven trucks, probably always will. personally, i drive a 95 3/4 ton Ford 4x4 Powerstroke (diesel is the only way to go baby!!). thats my everyday driver. i recently bought a 63 Toyota Landcruiser that i'm fixing up. damn that things cool, hopefully that will take over as my everyday driver. its a good thing i only drive 10 miles to work. what about you guys? what do you drive?
    take care and tempt not the fates

Cars all the way. I've always loved cars, and never felt quite comfertable in a truck. I'm currently driving a 92 Civic Hatchback, and love everysecond of it. You can say what you want about Civic fans, but the car's been nothing but reliable for me, and will continue to do so. And, yes I do "hopup" my car, but I do so properly, and within good taste, so don't bother calling me a ricer, cause it's just not true. To me there's nothing better than the feeling of being in a small car flying down the highway while shifting gears and changing lanes.

1997 Dodge Dakota V6.
    Hello World

88 Chev Z24 with a power chip, headers and pipes, and worked over fuel injection.

94 Hyundai Scoupe with power chip, headers, and custom exhaust.

82 Honda SilverWing Interstate Full Dress........Stock.

78 Ford Courier POS for hauling crap and dump runs.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    Toyota Tundra for me

Originally posted by Tacklebox
    Toyota Tundra for me
    oh boy, another toyota fan. i just retired my 87 toyota pu 4x4. has over 185,000 miles on it. i want to pull the 4 cyl engine and put a small block chevy in it and build it into a mudder.

and Tacklebox, what kind of gas milage do you get with the Tundra? hows the Toyota V-8 powerwise? my brother is looking into one so i have lots of questions
    take care and tempt not the fates

I'm an SUV guy... I had cars and they're easy to drive, but I like being up higher and being able to pile more crap into it.

that or I'm just a yuppie....
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Banned
    The cleetus prefers cars. His first car was a '67 mustang, followed by a '92 Isuzu Pickup(not much to look at, but extremely reliable), and now a '98 mustang. He has had quite a few jobs driving all sorts of sized trucks, but prefers the feel of the car for his personal automobile.

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    I just picked it up a week ago, I got the v8(sweet) nice power. I got the sr5 package,all weather,towing fog lamps,etc.

The reason I went with toyota is durability. If I'm going to keep this truck for 10 or more years, then I want it to last that long.

As far as gas mileage goes, sticker says 19 hwy and 15 city. Full 26 gal tank lasted me a week and a half.

Her's a link to the Toyota site, I got a lot of info there, or feel free to pm me if you have any other questions

2002 Toyota Tacoma XtraCab 4x4, SR5 pakage with the V6. I love it!

Originally posted by Tacklebox
    I just picked it up a week ago, I got the v8(sweet) nice power. I got the sr5 package,all weather,towing fog lamps,etc.

The reason I went with toyota is durability. If I'm going to keep this truck for 10 or more years, then I want it to last that long.

As far as gas mileage goes, sticker says 19 hwy and 15 city. Full 26 gal tank lasted me a week and a half.

Her's a link to the Toyota site, I got a lot of info there, or feel free to pm me if you have any other questions
    Got my Tundra in April 2000. Love it. Nice power and gas milage is good for a V8. I just tripped 100,000 miles this week (I drive the hell out of it) and have not had one single problem with it yet. Have only changed oil, front brake pads once, and belts and spark plugs once. Parts for it as all toyotas are a little on the pricey side but it is worth it in the long run. I will get up and go and go and go some more. I recommend it totally. I got the SR5 access cab and it is plenty roomy for average height people (I am 6'4 so no one sits behind me) But I have ssqueezed 6 adults in it with only slight discomfort. Great Truck, Truck fan all the way!
    Never underestimate the power, or aggrevation, of stupid users in mass numbers..

Originally posted by DocPC
    78 Ford Courier POS for hauling crap and dump runs.
    That has to be the worst truck ever made, I remember my Dad had one and it spent more time being broken down than running.

Originally posted by MacGyver
    That has to be the worst truck ever made, I remember my Dad had one and it spent more time being broken down than running.
    Heh, I have had the thing for 5 years. It was my daily driver for a while. Never failed to get me where I was going and only money I ever spent on it was front discs.

Has 68 thousand original miles, ugly rusty, but always starts and goes.

Your dad must have hsd the crappy Mistsubishi motor. Mine has the Ford Pinto motor.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Banned
    ford suv = teh die!!!!111111

Buy one of each.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!