Anybody heard of Sublime?

Thread: Anybody heard of Sublime?

Anybody heard of Sublime?

Hi All,

I've been on Kazaa recently, downloading some stuff from groups that i've heard of but not really listened too. Now i know its bad, blah, blah, blah but i don't intend to go out and spend good money on a group that i've only heard one song from. An example of this is Green Day, who i'd only heard the odd song from. I downloaded about 10 songs of theirs and found that i loved every one of them...the result is Green Day's Superhits is now wrapped and under the tree as a gift from my beloved. Thats why I use Kazaa and if you disagree then thats your right, just don't get all righteous on me, move on to another thread.

Anyway, I downloaded a song by Sublime simply because they popped up in a search for something else, it was a cover of Bob Marley's No Woman, No Cry. Basically, i was blown away, so i've downloaded another 7 or 8 songs and they are a great group...or were. Turns out the lead singer died of a heroin overdose...bummer. Their style is ska-punk according to Amazon...call it what you will, i think it makes damned fine listening. In fact, i'll bet you've all heard of them but don't know it...their song "What I Got" is used quite extensively on MTV....(here's where i find i'm the only person in the whole world who's never heard of 'em!).
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook

Banned
    Oh hell yeah, gotta get 'Badfish', 'Summertime', 'DateRape', What I got, and so many others!!! Too bad for herion killing the singer off.

Originally posted by Cleetus
    Oh hell yeah, gotta get 'Badfish', 'Summertime', 'DateRape', What I got, and so many others!!! Too bad for herion killing the singer off.
    Sublime rocks! Too bad the lead singer died before their first album went big.

yeah they were a good band. they were very popular on the west coast.
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan

Another great OC band. Sublime - 40iz to Freedom and Sublime are excellent albums - on my list of 100 favorites - also excellent party music - you can drink to it and white girls dance to it. Talented bunch of yahoo's in that group.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Originally posted by Cleetus
    Yep, i'd agree with the above, those songs all rock. I'd add "Caress Me Down" just for the sheer humour of it although its still a good song and "Nine to Five" is also a cracking song.

I'm looking to get a Sublime album but they were fairly prolific, what do people recommend? I see CyberHH recommends '40oz to Freedom' which does look good, any other recommends as i don't want to buy every album, just one good one at the moment!
    orange

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning -+- Rich Cook