Thin Client??

Thread: Thin Client??

Question Thin Client??

Does anyone have any experience with Thin Client? Any opinions or info would be welcome

Thanks

I used NCD thinclients in the past. What is it you wanted to know?

http://neoware.com/ibm/benefit.html

you may want to take a look there
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

I have used Premio and Dell's ones.

Both suck. for the cost.. (unless your buying 1000's)

thin client only $200 cheaper... but you need to buy extras for when one breaks and you cant replace all the intergrated crap.. you have to send it off to be fixed under warranty.

if you need 50.. buy 55! (see where the 200 each get smaller)

experance talking here... LOL!!! User dont like the your computer and job will return in 3-5 days. hahahaha
    You know you want a crabby patty!!

You know, Ya_know...I could use some help on ours...it keeps saying it can't find some server and I don't have a clue how to change the config...can you pm me?
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

The company I work for will be moving to a Thin Sever setup over the next year. Has anyone found software compatibility issues? Dose it play well with others? Oracle databases, Java, Windows Apps other than Office? I believe we will be using Metaforms XP, I could be wrong. Do you love it do you hate it? What are common headaches with the system?

Originally posted by Archangel42069
    You know, Ya_know...I could use some help on ours...it keeps saying it can't find some server and I don't have a clue how to change the config...can you pm me?
    I used NCD 300 as I recall. I remember you had CTL-ALT-END to configure the connection manager; there was an F2 option for some Windows CE-based operating environment treats, and at boot an F5 would get you to a command prompt config. mode, where I think “help” would list some of the available commands. There was one that you could use to reset to factory default, but I don’t remember the exact context—and I remember shift F11 did something good. I did some extensive support on a couple of them, and used their support line to get some of the real good stuff, although later found most of it in the administrators guide.

The documentation in the link is fair, avoid the Installation guides. Also the users guides are almost worthless. The administrators guide should have a lot of what you need…

http://www.ncd.com/support/docs_thinclients.html