PC Anywhere

Thread: PC Anywhere

PC Anywhere

I have an issue with PC anywhere 10.5 where after you connect to the Host, the Host screen will come up on PC Anywhere, but no matter what you do, nothing will show on the Remote. For example when the host screen is loading into the PC anywhere window you can right click the desktop or click to open a program, but nothing comes up on the remotes screen. If you look at the Host PC you can see what the do did on the remote. So what is happening is that you are controlling the host, but you are not able to see what is going on. I hope this makes sense.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM GOING CRAZY OVER THIS ONE.

Thanks

How are you connecting - dialup?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes i am dialing from a Compaq Laptop to a Clone PC using and external USR Modem.

Is there a place in pcanywhere to set how often the screen refreshes and at what colour depth? The colour depth is most important, set it to 256 colour - or even 16 (not 16bit or 32bit) the less colours it has to transmit, the faster it can update the screen.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i believe that is what it is set at. I will double check. Any other ideas?

What options do you have set under performance? Check:

Disable Hosts Active Desktop
    Optimize Desktop for remote control
    theres a few other settings you can play with there to, but honestly I have never seen what you are describing.

I have also seen cases where the vid drivers on the remote PC need updating... I had issues with an s3 driver.. basically everything on my remote screen was backwards...
    W