Floppy problem

Thread: Floppy problem

Floppy problem

Installed new ASUS A7v333 MB with Athlon XP 2100. When I started it up the Floppy states that the disk new reformatted and when trying to reformat states that it can not reformat, either quick or full. Using Windows XP Pro. I've uninstalled and reinstall with no luck. Any ideas?

What exactly are you trying to do here? Are you just trying to format a floppy disk?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Maybe trying to install XP on a fat32 greater than 32gig...?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm just trying to use the floppy. When you click on it in My Computer or windows explorer, it just tries to read the disk, it then states that the disk needs to be formatted ( which it doesn't), so I've tried to format and can't. It just will not read anything, It won't recognize any format. But it tries to read the disk, I don't know if the drive is bad or a driver or software problem. As far as using the FAT 32, I was using it the day before on the olld MB with no problems, it just started with the new MB and CPU.

Floppy drive is dirty/dying, for the cost of those things... just grab another one.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks, I'll try it.