Win 2K advanced server and FrontPage

Thread: Win 2K advanced server and FrontPage

Win 2K advanced server and FrontPage

Where can I get the snap in for IIS5. that will let me control access for frontpage when remotely accessing the webpage to do work on it?

I am not sure I understand the question...

Are you asking how to access the Web Based administration for your web server, or are you asking where you access the IIS MMC Snapin?

You can access the MMC Snapin by right clicking on "My Computer" and clicking "Manage". From there, expand the "Services and Applications" category and then you will see your IIS snapin right there.

To administer your site via the Web Based administration console, you will need to open the site in the IIS Snapin first and either change or note the port that it is running on (It is set to a random port on install.) Connect to your server on that port and it will work.
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

I am asking how I secure the permissions using frontpage, u can author the website remotely with frontpage but I don't know what tool you need for frontpage to do this.