Fed up with this error has become a dead PC

Thread: Fed up with this error has become a dead PC

Angry Fed up with this error has become a dead PC

After receiving lockups while playing Madden 2k3, and all of the nice BSODs my PC has now decided to die. Random reboots started last night so I decided to go WAY back in system restore and restore it to a point where I had no problems. Well now my mouse and keyboard don't work at all, no matter what I try, nothing happens. Keyboard works when I boot, I can get into the bios, but as soon as XP starts...nothing. Has ANYBODY got a clue as to what might be going on? There is a hardy list of my previous errors in the thread below titled FED UP WITH THIS ERROR. Thanks in advance for any help. A little info:
    1900XP
    MSI KT3 Ultra2
    Mushkin PC3000 512MB
    Gainward GEforce 4200ti
    Win XP, it was SP1
    Set the bios back to default settings....
    Athlon 1900XP AGOGA,Volcano7 cooling,MSI KT3 Ultra2, 40G Maxtor ATA 133, 512MB PC3000 Mushkin, GF4 TI4400, Creative SB 5.1, TDK VeloCD, Antec case w/465W PS, Win XP

Can you get to safe mode, what happens then?
    Tried an automatic repair?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Seems to me that your only option is to boot off of the XP cd and initiate a repair, see if that helps at least get the keys and mouse back...As far as the blue screens, I think we need more info...

I can get to safe mode, and that's what's crazy, even in safe mode my kb and mouse are locked up!
    Athlon 1900XP AGOGA,Volcano7 cooling,MSI KT3 Ultra2, 40G Maxtor ATA 133, 512MB PC3000 Mushkin, GF4 TI4400, Creative SB 5.1, TDK VeloCD, Antec case w/465W PS, Win XP

If I can get it up long enough in Safe Mode w/ Networking (w/ my kb and mouse working) I can save my files and I will reinstall XP. My original post, when the errors started:

While playing Madden 2003 (and only Madden) I continually get this error after playing about 15 min or so. I've tried new drivers (video card) and new VIA drivers.

BSOD.....

Pagefault_in non paged area

0x00000050 (0XD636800, 0x00000000, 0xBFB5099D, 0x00000000)

BFB5099D @ BF99E000 nv4_dll 3dd970d4

I've tried the MS database repeatedly but I still get that it is a driver issue or I can't find anything.. Card is NOT o/c when it does this. PC IS o/c, but I don't have problems with other games.

I tried everything I know to fix the above errors. Changing drivers and lowering the mem timings helped for awhile, but shortly before the random reboots, I started getting lockups. Everything is telling me that this is hardware problem, but after the XP starting acting up and not letting me use my kb and mouse, I have NO idea whats up.

How about un-overclocking your CPU?
    Shoot 'em up! Shoot 'em up! Pow! Pow!

Yep, tried it. Its still not oc'd, I just set the bios back to default.

SWapped out the ram?

Done a few ram tests?

Stop 0x50 is a hardware problem either physically or the driver here is how to interpret it Stop errors usually name a file or a process that was involved.. more info!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I've run SiSoft burn in on memory, ran it 12 times without a glitch. I've also run SiSoft on the whole system 10 times without problems. At one point after I started getting BSODs I looped 3dmark repeatedly and actually scored better than in the past! Every error I was receiving had the NV4_dll file extension.

-It started only during Madden2k3
    -It continually involved the Nv4 file
    -All of this started after I removed some spyware with AdAware (tried restoring before that and it didn't help)
    -It progressed into games like BlackHawk Down, where I would get sys.txt sys.dump, then eventually complete lock ups
    -System was built in July02
    -Also seemed to coincide with XP sp 1 and 2 updates
    -KB works fine in Bios, just not windows
    -started rebooting last night while I was writing a letter in Word, happened twice
    -I have not switched out the RAM (I don't have any more DDR), but that is my first guess if its not software related

NV4_dll sounds like nVidia driver files. Uninstall your video drivers (make sure to use the detonator destroyer utility) and re-install with the latest detonators from nVidia.

I also ran into troubles with a refresh rate control program for nVidia cards under WinXP.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

The original problem was definately the nvidia drivers, the nv4dll. That was the repeated BSOD. But the reboots and failure to be able to use the kb and mouse shouldn't have anything to do with it. I did try to reinstall the drivers, used the standard add/remove on the nvidias, now that I think about it I should have used the destroyers.

Still no takers on this one?

All I want to do is get my kb and mouse working so that I can enable sharing on certain files in order to save them over the network. It's amazing windows boots normally (even quicker) but I just can't use the mouse or keyboard.

Try setting bios defaults.....
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Are your mouse and keyboard usb or ps2???

If they are usb and you reset the bios to normal defaults. That sometimes disables usb support.
    See if you can enable that.
    Unless you are using a ps2 mouse and ps2 keyboard, then forget what I just mentioned.

If both mouse and keyboard are ps2, make sure they are properly connected to the correct ports in the back.
    Sometimes you can mix them up.

Well, since you are posting it means you have access to more than 1 PC.

Remove the HDD from the hosed machine and slave it in the other one.
    Pull the data you need to wherever.
    Put HDD back in crapped system and format the sucker.
    Reinstall Windows.
    Bring you files back.
    Done - easy peasy.