How cool is this!!!!

Thread: How cool is this!!!!

How cool is this!!!!

I just had a buddy give me a TV tuner card last night that he didn't want anymore. I thought cool!, but I also thought, this is gonna be fun finding drivers for (obviously a little sarcasm there!). But lo and behold, printed right there on the tv card itself.......................................A WEB ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what..today I went to that website and downloaded the EXACT drivers that i needed for the card!! If only every card manufacturer could figure that out, the world would be a better place!!

Just thought I'd share!
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**

I had a Hauppage tv tuner card once hehe I got one that was $40 at the time on sale about 4 years ago. I did this cause I wanted free channels that were scrambled...hehe used to get the applciation that discrambled the channels I wanted.. now there gone you cant do it anymore... the newer cards are harder to crack.. and the old software is no where to be found.. so I gave it away
    Last edited by +Daemon+; February 26th, 2003 at 01:57 PM.

I don't need a web address; sometimes just a Manufacturer and model number would do just fine!

I hear ya, why can't all manufacturers follow this kind of standard!?!

Just nosey: What kind of card?

I had a Hauppage card. I still have it but once I got cable internet, that line to the room is used up.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

What is this information that you speak of?!?!

Hell, half the time I'd just be happy for the FCCID to actually be registered, so that I could ascertain the cards origin. Usually I can find them in the db's.

{Edit due to excessive use of the phrase "half the time"...it's been a long day =) }
    Last edited by Blackhawk; February 26th, 2003 at 03:07 PM.
    "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." - George Bernard Shaw
    "There is no conflict between liberty and safety. We will have both or neither." - Ramsey Clark
    "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." - Zapata
    "Billy Ray, get me mah pistol..." - Elvis Aaron Presley

Originally posted by drewmaztech

I had a Hauppage card. I still have it but once I got cable internet, that line to the room is used up.
    Yup, it's a huappauge card. Strangely enough, i'd never heard of that brand until yesterday. But they seem to have an excellent website for support.

I've had my Hauppage card for ages. Never gave me any problems. If it were plugged in, I bet it'd work great now - too.

I found their software simple to deal with, also.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

I've never really had any experience with tv cards, so this will be a first for me. I don't really think I'll use it a lot but it will just be fun to play around with.

I have no experience with these TV cards, but do they work with Digital cable? are the tuners compatible? or are they just for old style analog cable?

I would really like the recording features but none seem to say "compatible with digital cable"

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Originally posted by goinpostal
    I have no experience with these TV cards, but do they work with Digital cable? are the tuners compatible? or are they just for old style analog cable?

I would really like the recording features but none seem to say "compatible with digital cable"

I don't think any exist, either....but you could run the output from your dig cable box into the card, and just leave that card tuned to 3.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by drewmaztech

Splitter doooood, splitter. 1000 ohm splitter and some new cable. I use my card and my cable modem at the same time without issue.