Allocate mem to a program

Thread: Allocate mem to a program

Allocate mem to a program

I know you can use a pif in 9x is there a way to allocate mem to a particular program in XP Pro I do not get the option on right click.

BTW I want to assign a block of mem to TeamSpeak

Thx

found alot on doing for DOS based progs not for XP progs

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad

The option you're talking about was only for old DOS programs that required a certain amount of memory allocated to them in order to work properly. I never actually encountered any DOS programs or games that needed tinkering with these options.

These memory options never applied to anything but DOS programs, even in Windows 95. Windows is a multitasking OS and it handles all memory allocation by itself.

Is there a problem you're having with Teamspeak that perhaps we or the folks at http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/index.php can help you with? (I'm guessing this is the Teamspeak you're talking about?)

Thanks Mac I was having a prob when TS is loaded and i luanch an online game BF1942 or Ravenshield TS goes to crap and others just hear static from me if i restart TS it works fime until the next map change. I was wondering if i could set aside mem or give TS priority so this wont happen. I have played with the TS band width requirements. The reason i think its mem is I lost a 256MB stick so i am XPpro with only 256 and didnt have the prob before with 512.

I will check the forums at TS though.

Was more of a general XP question on resources for programs in XP

Pimps in da' front..... Ho's in da' back..... and Chumps in da' Trunk!

"A One that is not cold, is scarcely a One at all." StrongBad