Asus A7N266-vm Motherboard

Thread: Asus A7N266-vm Motherboard

Asus A7N266-vm Motherboard

I'm thinking of buying the Asus A7N266-vm Motherboard.

Has anyone else tried it.

Anyone had any bad experiences.

It will be my first PC build, is this mobo an easy one to start with.?

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    I haven't used it, but I've heard great things about it. I do luv ASUS though. Here is a good link for comments about the board.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Thanks, had a look at the site and found it very useful

Get it!

I installed that board in a budget PC built for work as my primary system. For little more than $350. Installed 128MB DDR and a little slow as Video uses 32 MB of it but more memory made a difference!
    Easy to install, reliable as heck as not one freeze or need to reboot with win 2k on it. I'd buy another one for a quick inexpensive system. LAN works wonderful also.
    Some might knock integrated video but integrated everything works great for what I was looking for!

I build with them all the time - fantastic boards on a budget. GeForce 2 graphics o/b, decent sound and LAN, all on a decent board from a decent board maker.
    Very few problems - had a few that wouldnt shut down, but other than that, great. Use a 256 stick on them though - the 128 simply isnt enough if running XP.

help

I am having the same problem right now with a machine I built for my g/f. A7n266-VM with a 1.3ghz Duron, and i'm getting no video or post beeps.

It sound like i'll have to check the clock/dram speed jumpers, and might try the BIOS battery. There is nothing worse than a mboard manual all fscked up.

I put an A7N266-E in my box at home, and haven't had any problems at all, and other machines I built with Asus components have been amazingly reliable. If I have problems with the next board I get off of 'em, though, I might think twice the next time.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Thumbs up

I have built two since my last post in this thread. I haven't encountered any problems and I'm very much impressed with the board.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Re: help

Originally posted by macho2yo
    I am having the same problem right now with a machine I built for my g/f. A7n266-VM with a 1.3ghz Duron, and i'm getting no video or post beeps.

It sound like i'll have to check the clock/dram speed jumpers, and might try the BIOS battery. There is nothing worse than a mboard manual all fscked up.

I put an A7N266-E in my box at home, and haven't had any problems at all, and other machines I built with Asus components have been amazingly reliable. If I have problems with the next board I get off of 'em, though, I might think twice the next time.

you will find it's jumpers thats your problem