How many kittens does it take to cover the seats in my camaro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How many kittens does it take to cover the seats in my camaro?

Banned
    So would you call these guys and what they are calling for the antithesis of moral?

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien
    See....my...vest!
    See my vest!
    Made from real gorilla chest!
    AHHAHAHAHAH

Simpsons, Mr Berns

Originally posted by kato2274
    silencio,

I hope you're not comparing me to a pedophile. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not be offended.
    LOL! Not at all. I'm just pointing out that your epistemological argument can be used to argue anything philosophical. I think your words "nothing more, nothing less" may discount the importance of mores but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Adept's quote hits the core of the argument as it relates to people. Morality doesn't run parallel with the necessities of existance (ours, dogs', cats', etc). I faintly remember a tag along the lines of 'knowledge is sorrow'. There's a lot of truth there.

I don't have any meaningful judgement outside my own world. My dogs sleep on the bed and despite my old nic I have no ill will towards cats (except one, may he rest in peace).

Either way, it's cool enough outside to mow the lawn now. I'm going outside.

Last edited by silencio; May 9th, 2003 at 10:10 AM.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Adept's quote hits the core of the argument as it relates to people. Morality doesn't run parallel with the necessities of existance (ours, dogs', cats', etc).
    Either way, it's cool enough outside to mow the lawn now. I'm going outside.

[/B]

Then theres cannibalism in a modern society it`s taboo but in the jungle.............

I`ll think I will leave the lawn mowing to you its 10pm here and I`m sure the neibours would complain

humm we raise cows to eat them, and use there skins for furniture, isnt this the same thing there doing?

Originally posted by +Daemon+
    humm we raise cows to eat them, and use there skins for furniture, isnt this the same thing there doing?
    but would you want a cow as a pet?
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

Relative cuteness and perceived cultural moral repugance

This handy guide breaks the food vs pet hierarchy down quite nicely.

"Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

Originally posted by Rellik
    but would you want a cow as a pet?
    sure but mommy said I cant cause there is no place for her

well guess Ill have pet fish again then eat them later

even if you trace it back to judeo-christian origins you see that god gave man dominion over the animals. he didn't say "make sure you don't eat cats, cows ok just not cats." these unwritten social rules were established by people who together decided for whatever reason that a certain behavior was grotesque and unacceptable.
    If I remember the fairy tales correctly God did indeed say you may eat these animals and not these etc. Somewhere in Leviticus chapter 11 or so, though I don't think he mentions cats specifically, there are extensive instructions on what animals are considered clean and unclean.

Point being that most of the taboos are traced back to religion, society etc.

Is this small group of Europeans then socially backward, primitive or godless. No they're just out to make a buck. America is quite full of people who would step over their own mother to pick up a shiny new quarter.

In America it's quite plain that Dogs and Cats are considered members of the family due to their personality, as the script points out ,and the affection we give them and receive from them.

Now look at your neighboors house and consider what you would do if a member of your family got out of the house and you found him/her/it being skinned alive next door.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Re: Relative cuteness and perceived cultural moral repugance

Originally posted by NeuromancerIV
    This handy guide breaks the food vs pet hierarchy down quite nicely.

humm interesting