Memory: 128MB: SDRAM
    HardDisk: 6GB : Gateway
    Network: Wireless Robotics
    Sound: Creative AudioPCI
    GFX Card: 3D Blaster GeForce3 Titanium.
    ==========================

Problem:
    =====

My Graphics card is not likeing the windowsXP drivers or XP isn't likeing the drivers but one way or another the system crashes or hangs before it even boots in.

I've tried every thing from downloading new and updated drivers which seems to make it worse, the only thing I can do is reinstall the original drivers which came with the card it self but then some games don't want to run and I get an error in WindowsXP display properties, run dll something but I have formatted and started from scratch with no luck.

I've tried both Nvidia and Creative drivers to no avail, so I am at a lost. I don't really want to fork out 200 pounds for a GFX card so it'll work with windowsXP. Since this is a second machine I am not going to be rushing in to any thing quick of buying a new gfx card.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

OK, that card works in XP fine. What we have to look at is something that XP uses called ACPI - this allows irq sharing.

Can I ask why you run XP on a machine thats pretty close to the minimum specification for xp - I would have thought 98 would have been a much better choice for that hardware.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Angry GeForce3 problems ):

Well I reformatted and i've gone back to WindowsME but still no games will work and i've updated the drivers including directX9 but still to no avial!

What is up with that?

My Laptop runs Aliens Vs the predator 2 fine and yet my gateway pc can't run any games at all. Maybe I need to by a new gfx card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sash
    Well I reformatted and i've gone back to WindowsME but still no games will work and i've updated the drivers including directX9 but still to no avial!

What is up with that?

My Laptop runs Aliens Vs the predator 2 fine and yet my gateway pc can't run any games at all. Maybe I need to by a new gfx card.
    Alright, now we can start.
    Actually I can't believe that you would even try XP on that.
    Anywho, are we sure it is video?
    What happes when you run the game?
    First turn of the PC and remove sound and modem.
    This is only temporary!
    Restart and try a game and tell us what happens.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Alright, now we can start.
    Actually I can't believe that you would even try XP on that.
    Anywho, are we sure it is video?
    What happes when you run the game?
    First turn of the PC and remove sound and modem.
    This is only temporary!
    Restart and try a game and tell us what happens.

Well I used windowsXP on my gateway machine and it worked perfectly with no problems, it was even quit fast. I used XP since its more stable than any other OS from MS but besides the point, i've disabled the sound and network adapters but not removed them. Still the game stops about 10mins and its not just AVP Operation Flashpoint dose the same thing. I've tried Dune2000 out and that seems to work fine, it seems to be the games that use 3D stuff. Its just weird, I know its not the network cause i've tried it on my laptop pc useing AVP2 which is the same game and it runs fine and on my DEll PC.

Any who i'm really stuck!

do you know what the Mobo chipset is by any chance?
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.