Arrow

Thread: Arrow

Arrow

hi
    i just reformatted my WIN ME (actually i needed to recover it after the stupid mess). all my files are there but i need to reinstall some of the programs. that's not a pain but something funny has happened.
    you know how u can go to say My Document or Control Pannel directly by clicking on the short-cut or by going Start -> (say) My Document -> FolderName/FileName.
    well since the reinstallation i can't open things in Setting or My Document through Start. My Document and Setting are there but there is no arrow that shows the contents of them. if i go Start -> My Document it just opens a window that i'd see if i clicked on the short-cut. How do i ge the arrows back??
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Chick
    hi
    i just reformatted my WIN ME (actually i needed to recover it after the stupid mess). all my files are there but i need to reinstall some of the programs. that's not a pain but something funny has happened.
    you know how u can go to say My Document or Control Pannel directly by clicking on the short-cut or by going Start -> (say) My Document -> FolderName/FileName.
    well since the reinstallation i can't open things in Setting or My Document through Start. My Document and Setting are there but there is no arrow that shows the contents of them. if i go Start -> My Document it just opens a window that i'd see if i clicked on the short-cut. How do i ge the arrows back??
    thanks
    Hi Little-Chick and welcome to Windrivers!

I believe you need to display as menu instead of display as link - this option is in the properties of the start menu.... not sure how to get there on win me, but try right clicking on the start button and see if you get a properties option.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Hi Little-Chick and welcome to Windrivers!

I believe you need to display as menu instead of display as link - this option is in the properties of the start menu.... not sure how to get there on win me, but try right clicking on the start button and see if you get a properties option.

thanx for the tip. for anyone who's interested. do this:
    Start -> Settings -> Right Click Taskbar and Start Menu -> Advanced -> Check Expand My Document, Expand Control Pannel etc