dialup dropout

Thread: dialup dropout

dialup dropout

thaks, I need help - I installed the the modem drivers (which was a real pain) for win2000 - but she still cuts out afte 10min. Before the modem was disc after 3 minutes. Changed modems and the same thing happens. Cuts off after 3 minutes. any ideas, Checked with the isp and the setting where correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA
    thaks, I need help - I installed the the modem drivers (which was a real pain) for win2000 - but she still cuts out afte 10min. Before the modem was disc after 3 minutes. Changed modems and the same thing happens. Cuts off after 3 minutes. any ideas, Checked with the isp and the setting where correct.
    I have seen bad modems in batches, but as long as you know that the phone line is not the problem (attach a phone and check for noise/dropped connection), it's probably just the modem
    But, noticing the trouble you had installing the modem: why?
    Should have been no problem at all.
    So, what modem are we talking about and other hardware details.
    Other options: http://modemsite.com/56k/index.asp
    Or, since you're in Australia, try an affiliated chat for instant support (considering this post was long overlooked):
    http://www.kedrin-milborn.com/Pages/Chat/Default.html

Do you have a cordless phone in the house ??? I've had phone do exactly that... The cordless phone changes chanels every few mins... The small click when it does can cause a disconect... Just a thought if the above post doesn't work for you...

Yes I'm an agent of Satan.... But my duties are mostly ceremonial