I need help to find best colour printer

Thread: I need help to find best colour printer

Exclamation I need help to find best colour printer

Mrs Wilson took delivery of a shiny stonking Digital SLR camera. It's a real beauty. Xmas pressie from me aided by a now sickly looking credit card.

Just to put the final nail in my mastercard / visa coffin I am searching for a blinding colour printer to top it all off.

It need not be a multifunction all in on box but I'm open to all suggestions for the right bit of kit. I cant afford a colour laser

Can anyone suggest a good site for reviews? Tomshardware was really vague. Theres a long review but doesn't really offer much conclusion.

Cheers in advance from me and Mrs Scutter

Matt .
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.

download.com has a good product reviews section also they have a nice editor's picks section if you don't want to wade thru reviews of every printer on the planet.

personally I would steer clear of top feed printers, as it seems like they all have paper feed problems as has been the case with a few HP models and alotta Lexmark models.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

One thing to remember is what happens when something goes wrong. I can't fault HP on this thier 3 year replacement warranty is excellent and afterwards it's usually possible to buy spare parts for HPs. I can't say the same about Epson - which is why I and the council I work for will never buy another one

check out this site http://pcmag.pricegrabber.com/search...3187af2a07613d

just a thought
    "You've been livin' on the razor's edge, since you began to shave...
    Make sure you live, you're a long time dead, cradle to the grave"-Motorhead

Steve's Digicams specializes in camera and printer reviews. if you want the best prints and dont care about being limited to 4x6 then a dye-sub printer would be my choice.

I'm using the HP Photosmart and know of others that are as well. Been real happy with it!

Thanks for the tips. I will be checking all of these out.

Will let you know how I get on.

Matt

For warranty, I've been impressed with Lexmark's service ever since I got my first one.

As for quality, have you looked at Xerox's printing solutions? It's not laser per se (more like a wax) and the qualityrice ratio is amazing.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

geeksRus.. That was a usefull link thanks.

I'm leaning to the canon i960 at the moment. There is a strong argument for that printer there.

Any more tips from peeps will still be greatfully received.

Color Printer

Quote Originally Posted by scutterboy
    Mrs Wilson took delivery of a shiny stonking Digital SLR camera. It's a real beauty. Xmas pressie from me aided by a now sickly looking credit card.

Just to put the final nail in my mastercard / visa coffin I am searching for a blinding colour printer to top it all off.

It need not be a multifunction all in on box but I'm open to all suggestions for the right bit of kit. I cant afford a colour laser

Can anyone suggest a good site for reviews? Tomshardware was really vague. Theres a long review but doesn't really offer much conclusion.

Cheers in advance from me and Mrs Scutter

Matt .

Greetings!

I purchased a HP Photosmart 7960, it uses three, 3 color cartridges (one is the grey scales) and produces a high quality photo... it is important to use the best quality HP paper to receive lab quality pictures.

I use different printers for different uses...that way if one goes down, I can still use the others. I have a factory refurbished black/white laser printer for most printing (cost effective). The HP takes care of the color only printing.

Hope this helps.

Red