[RESOLVED] PCI Card

Thread: [RESOLVED] PCI Card

shriveled_toe

PCI Card

I have a problem with a mysterious "PCI Card" that appears in my system under "other devices" The device has an exclamation point over it, and says that the drivers are loaded incorrectly. I have no idea what the drivers are, and all the cards I've placed on the motherboard myself, I never installed a "PCI Card" Does anyone know what this is and if so, how can I get drivers for it

I've had a few problems that sound similar to what is happening to you. Except my unknown device was called PCI Bridge. I finally figured out that the mysterious device was my on-board infrared connector. When you update the driver in device manager, try making it a "Built-in infrared port on laptop or desktop." It worked for me.

Good luck,

Steve

BTW, this only seems to happen in Win95. I set up a Win98 machine with identical hardware and Device Manager didn't show any mystery devices.
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

Darren Wilson
    What motherboard is it Mr Toe?????

Normally a fix is on the disk / cd that came with the board such as a vgart.vxd upgrade or ali1707 patch etc.

Have a check and let us know

Panther7

Originally posted by stevet:
    I've had a few problems that sound similar to what is happening to you. I set up a Win98 machine with identical hardware and Device Manager didn't show any mystery devices.
    Last Time I saw that message it was a modem,
    (cheap one) motorola or rockwell something..

Exclamation

does the board have a ON-BOARD sound, NIC, video?
    wayne
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]