My new case mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new case mod

My new case mod

Pics

Started out theming it after a M4 Sherman. Added a side and top blowholes, intake and exhaust respectively. Full paintjob. Going to add front USB to the front bezel. Paint looks uneven in places because it still hasn't completely set. Not bad for a 7 year old Gateway case.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

righteous dude! very nice job. love the camo paint job.
    what you dont know wont give you nearly as many problems as what you think you know...... THAT AINT RIGHT!..... TO PARAPHRASE WILL ROGERS

I think it will now serve as a Call of Duty dedicated server. Seems fitting.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Nice.

Battlefield 1942 could also be worthy of this.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Nice.

Battlefield 1942 could also be worthy of this.

Thinking the same thing.

I see you have onboard sound and an additional sound card.

This thing is going to be loud!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I see you have onboard sound and an additional sound card.

This thing is going to be loud!
    Onboard AC97 crapola vs Cmedia 8738. Cmedia wins.

Btw, for anyone that cares, specs are as follows:

AXP 1800+
    512 MB PC133
    MSI K7T Turbo Rev3
    Radeon 8500le @ 275/275
    Cmedia 8738
    3com NIC
    300 watt PSU
    20 GB Maxtor

Pretty good server overall.

I don't mean to be rude, just truthful. I think what someone here referred to as Camo paint, is actually the overspray streaks in your paint changing the reflection of the flash. Correct me if I am wrong, you used one color green, right, and there are no patterns except the star…?

Next time, don't use a spray bomb (aerosol can), and try to use a compatible clear coat for best finish results. Always spray the final coats wet, but not so wet that you a run, or drupe...as long as the whole surface is wet looking, it will dry the same, without showing the overspray...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I don't mean to be rude, just truthful. I think what someone here referred to as Camo paint, is actually the overspray streaks in your paint changing the reflection of the flash. Correct me if I am wrong, you used one color green, right, and there are no patterns except the star??

Next time, don't use a spray bomb (aerosol can), and try to use a compatible clear coat for best finish results. Always spray the final coats wet, but not so wet that you a run, or drupe...as long as the whole surface is wet looking, it will dry the same, without showing the overspray...
    The final coat wasn't dry when I took that picture. I could take another picture now that it has evened out, but I'm incredibly lazy and don't feel like lugging this system back into the kitchen to take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    The final coat wasn't dry when I took that picture. I could take another picture now that it has evened out, but I'm incredibly lazy and don't feel like lugging this system back into the kitchen to take some pics.
    Very well !

Nice Job , Maybe the millitary should look at your example and paint their field computers the same way
    I think it looks cool
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Very cool. Needs a gun turret and some treads!
    If it's true that wherever you go, there you are: how come so many people look lost?

Quote Originally Posted by cisco2
    Very cool. Needs a gun turret and some treads!
    This is what I was thinking. I thought you said NEW CASE mod I'm not trying to be a jerk but where is the mod in this case? Dont get me wrong I like the paint job but there is no mod. I think you did a great job on painting the case and all the plastic parts but where is the mod. Other than that it's cool. I like. Did you use special paint for the plastic?
    Growing up I've spent half of my money on Fast cars, fast women and Booze the other half I just wasted!

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Pics

Started out theming it after a M4 Sherman. Added a side and top blowholes, intake and exhaust respectively. Full paintjob. Going to add front USB to the front bezel. Paint looks uneven in places because it still hasn't completely set. Not bad for a 7 year old Gateway case.
    It's got a nice GI Joe look to it.

BTW, where is the 12" action figure? He needs to be sitting on top of the case when it's done!

Kenny P.
    Visualize Whirled P.'s

My thought exactly

GO JOE!!
    "GOOD 2 GO"