cpu speed

Thread: cpu speed

cpu speed

hiI have a pIII 650 mhz comp. Its a sony vaio. First of I ran a program that tells me that right now my comp is clocking less than it should. I also noticed that since I installed winxp my cpu fan doesnt run. I had win 98se and my comp came with the speedstep from intel. But I read that windows xp can manage my computers power profile therefore speedstep is not needed. But I need to know how to change the profile because my fan is not running. It runs when I boot the comp but stops once windows loads. Can anyone help me out ? thank you.

Is this the same machine as the video question ? if so I'll say the same as before .. is it on the xp HCL ?

If you don't know give us the model or try running the test routine & see what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Is this the same machine as the video question ? if so I'll say the same as before .. is it on the xp HCL ?

If you don't know give us the model or try running the test routine & see what it says.
    xp hcl? ??

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    HCL = Hardware Compatibility List
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed

Are you asking me about the video question???

Quote Originally Posted by MyexleX
    Are you asking me about the video question???
    Nope ... I'm asking you to go check the Hardware Compatability List for xp - you can go here@ M$ & use the 'Windows XP Upgrade Advisor', which is also on the xp cd & can be updated from my link.

The point is all these 'little things' require 100% xp compatability - if your machine doesn't comply then you can't have all your bells & whistles & may need to think about using an earlier o/s if they are important...

I don't think your machine is capable of doing what xp wants, so far ... so test it & prove me wrong (yes this also relates to your video issue - why do you think you couldn't find xp drivers for your video ?)