Ongoing saga of the Ca810 Motherboard

Thread: Ongoing saga of the Ca810 Motherboard

Unhappy Ongoing saga of the Ca810 Motherboard

Hi all well even esupport have not got a bios update for me. Does anyone know how i set the computer to detect all the setting on startup. I dont even get the DMI pool data stuff. I have been into the bios aand there is nowhere to make all that info appear on start-up. When i used to start the @#$%%^ thing it had the energy star rating then it had all the computer info DMI pool stuff and then went to windows. I also had to enter the bios by pressing the delete button...now i get nothing on start up apart couple of lines telling me its a ca810 intel motherboard and then it goes straight to windows.....Most people say thats good as it start quicker but i liked it the way it was prior to a fdisk and re partition. All i know is my friend also wiped the master boot record section and since then all the info is gone...............
    Can anyone tell me how to get it back or if i can download a file or something .....I hope someone can help
    HAVE A GREAT EASTER EVERYONE....
    Last edited by wildlilly; April 3rd, 2004 at 06:11 AM.

for anyone wondering, this is the original thread

The MBR does not change the display.
    The bios settings do not rely on the hard drive. Your assertion that since formatting the bios settings are "gone" is incorrect. The bios controls the hard drive, NOT the other way round on a CA810.

You probably had the bios set so that quickboot was disabled, now it is enabled you don't see it.

Bios Upgrades are free. What did you buy?
    Last edited by NooNoo; April 3rd, 2004 at 06:25 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    for anyone wondering, this is the original thread

The MBR does not change the display.
    The bios settings do not rely on the hard drive. Your assertion that since formatting the bios settings are "gone" is incorrect. The bios controls the hard drive, NOT the other way round on a CA810.

You probably had the bios set so that quickboot was disabled, now it is enabled you don't see it.

Bios Upgrades are free. What did you buy?

No i didnt buy one as esupport didnt have one. Firstly they said they did and when i went to pay they then said theyd made a mistake....... Quick boot is disabled and still no info other than intel motherboard ca810 and serial number.... The computer was built by ASI and purchased here in australia but their website is under construction, so i cant get any info there. could it be that they had some sort of logo as well as the energy star rating logo installed from the factory that has now been erased along with this info? I still dont understand why this all this info has disapeared....

Did you read the manual about the bios entries as I suggested?

http://www.asi.com.au/ has a perfectly good set of downloads and bios updates... click support, on the left, click drivers and patches, click browse by ASI system, click ASI PC/workstation products then select your ASI model number.

Whats the ASI model?
    Last edited by NooNoo; April 3rd, 2004 at 07:12 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Did you read the manual about the bios entries as I suggested?

http://www.asi.com.au/ has a perfectly good set of downloads and bios updates... click support, on the left, click drivers and patches, click browse by ASI system, click ASI PC/workstation products then select your ASI model number.

Whats the ASI model?

Yep read the pdf.... The ASI model is tricky as there is the sticker on the side of the desktop computer but it only has the following info on it

MSI Quality control (passed inspection)
    Customer IBM Global Finance/Australia
    Purchase order CKBS
    Sales order 502756-3
    Date 12/05/2000

There is also another label but i guess it is a IBM thing

IBM Asset Management
    IBM Global Services/Australia
    BARCODE
    IGSM165495

I really do apreciate all your help............Thanks
    I will try the link above and see how i get on.....

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Section 4.7 of the manual that Noo linked concerns the screen at boot up. Here you will be able to tell it to display the boot up routine.