Queue based printing help needed

Thread: Queue based printing help needed

Queue based printing help needed

I am running a Novell NetWare 5.1 network and I am looking at setting up my printers to use Queue based printers because NDPS sucks my :butt: . The only thing is that someone has lost the software that set up the Queues easily and quickly for us. My question is what is the best software for this? I called my CDW rep and he told me to use ZEN works but that is not an option for me. I have never set up Queue based printing free hand nor do I really want to but if I have to I will. Do you guys know of any tutorials for this? I know that HP used to have something for this for free but now I can not find it for free or to buy it? Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Growing up I've spent half of my money on Fast cars, fast women and Booze the other half I just wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by mongo69
    I am running a Novell NetWare 5.1 network and I am looking at setting up my printers to use Queue based printers because NDPS sucks my :butt: . The only thing is that someone has lost the software that set up the Queues easily and quickly for us. My question is what is the best software for this? I called my CDW rep and he told me to use ZEN works but that is not an option for me. I have never set up Queue based printing free hand nor do I really want to but if I have to I will. Do you guys know of any tutorials for this? I know that HP used to have something for this for free but now I can not find it for free or to buy it? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Well, since you seem to hate NDPS, which is MUCH better than using the other alternative, then you must be using really crappy printers that don't support IP printing or ... well you just haven't taken the time to figure out how to use it. The only other choice you have is to use PSERVER that ships with Netware. First you have to create a Print Server in Nwadmin. Give it a name and the location of where you want the queues to be placed. Now using queues, that will eat up space depending on how many printers there are and how many jobs get sent to those printers. So if your SYS volume is small, place your queue's folder on another larger volume. Be sure to give the appropriate permissions so that jobs can be sent to it. Once that is completed, then type "load pserver" at the console. It will ask for the context as to where the print server object is located. After that is set up and running. Go back to NwAdmin and create a Non-NDPS Printer. It's on the Tools menu if you can't find it. Name the printer, point to the print server, give rights, etc. Here's the deal though. If the printer that you want to share is connected locally to a computer, you must run NPRINTER on that local machine which just adds MORE work you have to do. See, NDPS printers are so much easier to setup. If this doesn't help, then I suggest http://support.novell.com. Plenty of supoprt available there.

Phaeton

You can also use NDPS to service queues. Look for starters here:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10012857.htm