Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
98se and two nics? World of pain.

Just use the existing network connections and as cjk says, deny access to those who don't need it. If the router does not have the ability to block certain ips, there are a bunch of other ways to do this.

The simple way would be to plug the dsl modem into the router and you can allow wireless access to those computers that have no connection by plugging the ap into the router as well.

I know you don't want to hear this advice.... I cannot think of a could reason why you would not want to use the existing infrastructure - the way you are proposing is likely to cause more problems with the existing network than it can possibly solve.
Thanks for the feedback. However, one of the problems I face is that the Server computer is so far away from the DSL modem connection, that I would prefer not to run a cable and hook up the DSL modem into the router. This is one of my reasons for keeping the DSL modem and Server separate.

Also, since I'm plugging a wireless receiver into the USB port of the Win98 SE computer, is that still considered a NIC?

I'll try my scenario and let you know how it works. Thanks for the help!