Metroid Prime For Gamecube.

Thread: Metroid Prime For Gamecube.

Metroid Prime For Gamecube.

I apologize if this forum is reserved for PC gaming, but I cannot get any answers from Action Replay on my problem and I have googled for answers only to come up empty. I have a Action Replay (disc version 1.08) and none of the codes for Metroid Prime work. If you check out www.codejunkies.com you will notice that there are two sets of codes. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime v. 1.1. I have tried both. I have posted my problem into their forum and have read other peoples postings about the same or similar problems only to find no answer. I purchased the game right when it came out. Probably within the first two weeks of release. The action replay came with codes built in for the game and when those didn't work I decided to check out the website to see if there were any updates. I created a new game for Metroid Prime and Called it Metroid Prime 1.1 and entered the appropriate codes. I checked and verified all my inputs and those are all OK. Is there anyone out there that has experienced this and may have a solution. I heard you can recompile the codes and that sometimes works, but I do not know how to do that or have the means of doing that. HELP ME PLEASE and I know some of you will give me a hard time for trying to cheat, but I don't care. I used to be a great gamer back in my day, but now I need a little extra edge every now and then.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Please Help

Has no one any input on this. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Quote Originally Posted by BOB IROC
    Has no one any input on this. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    Sorry, compadre, don't have a Gamecube. The boys have a couple PS2s and X-boxes; I play on the PC. However, Metroid (the first) was absolutely one of the most kicka$$ games of its day, along with Zelda. Good luck!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Sorry, compadre, don't have a Gamecube. The boys have a couple PS2s and X-boxes; I play on the PC. However, Metroid (the first) was absolutely one of the most kicka$$ games of its day, along with Zelda. Good luck!
    sorry, i dont know what to tell you. I do have a gamecube, and metroid prime..however i quite using cheat devices when i was about 12. This game inst that hard...the only real hard part are the controls. for a game that looks and plays like a FPS..the lack of real FPS controls make it harder than it should be.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

This is quite far fetched, but about the only thing that pops into my mind is, that you could try to use the euro codes (just browse the euro section instead of the usa). Don't know why it would work, but as the codes are somewhat often different between PAL and NTSC releases you could try... But as I said, it is far fetched.

[offtopic]When it comes to cheating it is no one else's business and/or problem, as long as the cheater doesn't affect the gaming experience of fellow gamers. Cheating in multiplayer is not (usually, of course the community decides) acceptable, nor is fallaciously boasting about results gained using cheats.

However, solo gaming is solo business. Period.
    Games are entertainment, and everybody has all the rights to play games in the way they themselves feel is the most entertaining (excluding illegalities, of course). There is no moral issues in cheating, only in abusing gaming communities using cheats.

If cheating is wrong, then using auxiliary wheels when learning to ride a bike is also wrong. And it would also be wrong to skip the opening credits of the movie, to eat french fries with a fork, to use eyeglasses, to use hearing aids, to... whatever. The is no logical argument why everyone should do all things the same way. I bet no cheater hater does.

It is your business whether you decide or decide not to cheat. No one else's.
    [/offtopic]
    Last edited by parsifal; September 11th, 2004 at 02:24 PM.

i wasnt ripping him down for cheating..i was just saying that I dont do it. I find it much more rewarding to finish a game without it. then sometimes after i have finished it, i will go back and try out the codes to see how it is different..I just feel that by using cheat codes to finish a game...you are missing out on the experience. if someone wants to cheat on a single player game..i dont have a problem with that, as long as it isnt in multiplayer. i was just stating that by cheating you are missing out on what the game has to offer..and it takes away from the challenge..and really takes away the point of playing a game. The whole point to playing a game is seeing if you can finish it. by cheating..you are taking away the possibility of not completing it...therefore eliminating the need for any real skill
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Problem Nearly Solved

Thank you to all who replied. I finally got in contact with Action Replay and they informed that there are 3 versions of the game and they only have codes created for 2. I, unfortunately, have the third and rarest version. They will create codes for me if I send the game to them because they cannot get ahold of that version.

As far as the cheating goes, I used to be a great gamer back in my day when I had time to play games on a regular basis. Now I am just a casual gamer and like to have a little help every now and then. Most of the time I just use a cheat code to get me passed a hard point in the game and then continue to play normally.

this forum can be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by delmer_1
    i wasnt ripping him down for cheating..i was just saying that I dont do it.
    Oh, I apologize. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just talking generally. I agree with a lot of what you said. No hard feelings.