[RESOLVED] Mother of all board problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Mother of all board problems

ROLE!

Unhappy Mother of all board problems

I recently purchased a P3B-F motherboard and I am very impressed with the product. I do have one issue that hopefully you may be able to clear up for me. In the software bundle you included a program called asusprobe. I LOVE IT! Just one thing, my CPU Temp indictes 223C/443F. WOW! I have an INTEL Pentium II 300 MHZ processor. I wrote INTEL and they replied that they have seen this problem with this board (they named it without me even giving the name to them). They reccomended that I flash my BIOS, in which I did, I have 1005 now, and if that didn't work just disable it all together. Well I can live without it, but I still would like to have the capability of monitoring the temp. In my BIOS Setup, the CPU Temp is labled as N/A and doesn't allow me to select it.

Also, every time that I start my computer, during the BOOT process, half the time the computer does not recognize when my drives are there.

Here is my setup

A: Floppy
    C: Primary Hard Drive (Maxtor)(Primary IDE)
    D: Secondary Hard Drive (Quantum)(Primary IDE)
    E: CD-ROM (Toshiba)(2ndary IDE)
    F: SYQUEST 1GB Removable(2ndary IDE)

The D and F drive are the ones that do not get recognized about 70% of the time. I then have to reboot and pray for the best. They are on seperate IDE's. I thought that maybe I had a bad connector cable, but this problem is on both IDE's.

As I said before, it is a great board, I just would like to see if there is anyway I can resolve it. I was thinking maybe a newer Pentium III or something.

Exclamation

I had the Asus P5a-b board which was a soclet 7 baby at board and I had tow cd roms on the secondary ide controller , one was my now dead burner and the other is my reader
    On ocasion both cd roms would never get detected and I would have no cd roms in "my computer " in WIndows , A reboot would cure this till next time
    Ii was an inconveince and I think Asus should look at it's auto detect in the bios, I had 3 version of the bios and they all did the same thing
    So don't feel alone out there, I switched to giggle byte er I mean Gigabyte :>)

------------------
    Format c:
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )