Slow Dynex DvD Burner

Thread: Slow Dynex DvD Burner

Angry Slow Dynex DvD Burner

I'm using a Dynex Model # GCC-4521B with the included Nero OEM software.
    It says its burning at 4x but takes about 55 minutes to burn. Im using it in a hp pavillion 505n (dont make fun) and its really getting on my nerves. I've updated the firmware and no luck is it the burner it self??
    Last edited by eatnmyflesh; September 23rd, 2004 at 11:34 PM.

Welcome to windrivers eatmyflesh. Which ide channel is the drive connected to (primary or secondary) and how is it cabled (master or slave)? Are there any other devices on the channel?

Open device manager and select properties for the ide channel that the drive is connected to. Go to the advanced settings tab. For each device, what does it say for transfer mode and current transfer mode?

What version of nero are you running? Also, are you burning dvd's or cd's at 4x? What are you burning that takes 55 minutes and how large is it (minutes of audio/mb of data)?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Reply was sent as pm
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmyflesh
    Sorry for the incompleteness of my post im a noob to this. I have it set as slave (cable select/slave). Really couldnt tell you the IDE im assuming is secondary, but there is another drive set as master. Its an LG combo drive. And I was burning dvd's full 4.7 gig.

oh the nero version is 6.3.1.6
    If you don't use the combo drive for burning, I would recommend that you set the dvd burner as master and the combo drive as slave. Also, post the info requested above from device manager.

Have you installed the intel chipset drivers?
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...6&DwnldID=7484

You could also try updating Nero. The current version is 6.3.1.25
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers eatmyflesh. Which ide channel is the drive connected to (primary or secondary) and how is it cabled (master or slave)? Are there any other devices on the channel?

Open device manager and select properties for the ide channel that the drive is connected to. Go to the advanced settings tab. For each device, what does it say for transfer mode and current transfer mode?

What version of nero are you running? Also, are you burning dvd's or cd's at 4x? What are you burning that takes 55 minutes and how large is it (minutes of audio/mb of data)?
    Ok my Ide mode for primary is Ultra Dma mode 5 and Secondary is is PIO only

Quote Originally Posted by eatnmyflesh
    Ok my Ide mode for primary is Ultra Dma mode 5 and Secondary is is PIO only
    There's your problem. Change the transfer mode for both devices on the secondary channel to dma. I still suggest you switch the jumpers so that the drive you are burning with is set as master.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    There's your problem. Change the transfer mode for both devices on the secondary channel to dma. I still suggest you switch the jumpers so that the drive you are burning with is set as master.
    Man I've done eveything you said and you know what............ WORKS PERFECT your a godsend thanks a million.