Avenue A???

Thread: Avenue A???

Avenue A???

We've got a system at the shop that one of our techs is working on. We've run hijack this, spybot, adaware, cwshredder, trend online scan, regcleaner, and anything else we could think of. All spyware is gone except for "Avenue A". It's creating tons of pop-ups (google toolbar & msn toolbar don't help at all). From all the research I can find, everything says spybot 1.3 will catch and stop it, but not on this PC. I've got all the updates for spybot and immunized it. still no help. I searched through the registry for any strange entries as well as random character filenames in the Windows, System, and System32 folders also no help. If anyone has seen this, please advise. Thank you in advance.

Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    We've got a system at the shop that one of our techs is working on. We've run hijack this, spybot, adaware, cwshredder, trend online scan, regcleaner, and anything else we could think of. All spyware is gone except for "Avenue A". It's creating tons of pop-ups (google toolbar & msn toolbar don't help at all). From all the research I can find, everything says spybot 1.3 will catch and stop it, but not on this PC. I've got all the updates for spybot and immunized it. still no help. I searched through the registry for any strange entries as well as random character filenames in the Windows, System, and System32 folders also no help. If anyone has seen this, please advise. Thank you in advance.

Enjoy...
    AvenueA is only a cookie, not a spyware app. I won't categorically state that it cannot be causing your problems but it seems unlikely to me. Have you posted a HijackThis log in a forum where folks specialize in reading them?