Wierd Dreams ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wierd Dreams ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    this sounds hauntingly familliar, although i never use guns. i don't like guns, too dishonorable a way of fighting. But i am a sword collector so the same theory applpies, but a different choice of weapon.
    Dishonorable how? The olde-tyme duels worked well, even for "civilized" society....
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

You're right, the old type of ranged duels had a measure of honorable combat, but that does not exist with them anymore. It's more the fact that anyone can pick up a gun and kill someone with little skill, and a gun is dificult to defend against, you're relying solely on protective clothing really. Where with a sword it is difficult to use one to any successful degree without some training. And in my mind hand to hand combat where you can look your opponent in the eye relying on your own skill rather than who has the best equipment appeals to me more. The truth is more likely that i just do not like ranged weapons, not even arrowes really. Any weapon designed the be able to kill an opponent without them being able too see the attack coming an my mind is dishonorable. Yes i realize that you could use a sword to backstab and kill using the black arts, but that was not the intentional design of the weapon. I hope this makes sense, it's hard for me to explain these things it's just something i've always felt.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Banned
    What honor is there in killing anyone?

when it's done in the defense of those you love or protecting the innocent, there is tons of honor in my opinion.

THat's aprt of the reason i like swords, to me they represent the opposing sides of human nature, the desire to protect and the compulsion to destroy.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Lost in a world of confusion, unable to freemymind
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    I just know that I can never punch anyone or pull a trigger in my dreams. All sorts of situations would be so cleaned up, but my arm swings like I am in molasses and the trigger almost never pulls. All of a sudden one night though, I was able to pull that trigger, I woke up so freaking rested.

i have exactly the same thing!! thats bizarre.

i used to have a recurring character in my dreams... i could never talk to her. she haunted me for about 10 years, then one day (i wont go into all the details as there is so much info it would take days to type up) i dreamed of this character again, but we got left alone in a sauna, and i talked to her, for the first time ever. we kissed, i woke up, and i have never seen her since. that was about 2 years ago.

i leapt right out of bed and typed it all up as quickly as i could before i forgot it... if i still have it ill paste it in here later.

funny thing is, I can, to this day, recall every last detail of that dream, so if i cant find it, i may typer it up again, a little more coherently. We'll see.
    No girl deserves my tears, and the one who does will never make me cry.

I dreamed once or twice that I was a secret agent sneaking into the enemy's base when all of a sudden an alarm sounds. In the dream, I'll get that deer in the headlights look and start to hide. Then I'll realize that the alarm is my alarm clock waking me up...

I also had a dream when I was a little kid that my mom turned into a demon and ripped out my digestive system...
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

Quote Originally Posted by RIOT
    ..I also had a dream when I was a little kid that my mom turned into a demon and ripped out my digestive system...
    So as I'm fairly sure all these weird thingees have some or at least a little real truth/reason behind them , please remind me never to backchat/mess with your mom !

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    So as I'm fairly sure all these weird thingees have some or at least a little real truth/reason behind them , please remind me never to backchat/mess with your mom !
    When she worked for a local high school as their bookkeeper, she would always be the one picked to call the copier maintenance company when the copier would break down. Someone once said to her, "I didn't know you could be such a b****."

She's really a very sweet and nice person, just don't tick her off or try to screw her over...

Edit: Oh, and please remember that it runs in the family...
    "I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."

Potential Bumper Sticker: "Wiggle your mouse, it's just a screensaver."

Banned
    I also once dreamed that I was chased into this church. Then the church was falling apart and I found a marker that stated that I was in fact the new Jesus, at this time we were forced from the church by demons and when you looked up, the sky was of fire.

Spooky, apparently fighting vampires means this...

The vampires in your dream may suggest that you are feeling drained of your life energy and autonomy. In dreaming that you are fighting these vampires, is a literal depiction of your daily struggles with keeping things in order. You may be suffering from exhaustion or feeling overwhelmed in some aspect of your domestic or personal life which explains the tiredness you feel when you wake up.

check out http://www.dreammoods.com/ for loads of information on dreams and why you get recurring dreams.... fascinating!

Thats this afternoon's helpdesk calls through the window
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"