need a ripping software
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need a ripping software

need a ripping software

I need a ripping software to convert DVD into CD
    anyone knows plz repy here
    Thanks In advace

Welcome to windrivers pradyumnsourav. Nero will work for dvd's that are not copy-protected.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Some very good starter instructions found on the guides section here at Doom9 (most of the stuff used in their guides is free, or has has trial versions that'll do it )

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers pradyumnsourav. Nero will work for dvd's that are not copy-protected.
    I have Nero Express 5.5

Will I see the DVD option in Nero when I install a DVD burner, because at the moment the option is not showing for DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Icecake
    I have Nero Express 5.5

Will I see the DVD option in Nero when I install a DVD burner, because at the moment the option is not showing for DVD
    You can burn to dvd's w/ express, but adding a dvd burner is not enough. You will have to reinstall the copy of nero bundled w/ the burner (most are) to get the additional license.

Express won't convert dvd's to cd's. You need the Nero full retail package (aka Ultra Edition). The component that converts dvd's to cd's is called Recode.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

thanks for ur reply
    But I have tried nero .... it;s not working for me tell other software to convert DVD to CD.

You can burn to dvd's w/ express, but adding a dvd burner is not enough. You will have to reinstall the copy of nero bundled w/ the burner (most are) to get the additional license.

Express won't convert dvd's to cd's. You need the Nero full retail package (aka Ultra Edition). The component that converts dvd's to cd's is called Recode.
    Would you recommend uninstalling Nero Express then installing the version that is bundled with the burner?

ok let me try again !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pradyumnsourav
    ok let me try again !!!!!
    Did you check out doom9 ? (a product called DVD2SVCD is the 'one' there for this 'mostly') or you might try googling for a product called DVDShrink (which works 'mint' in conjunction with Nero since you seem to have that) as you aren't specifying what format you want these cd's in ..

I want .dat file format so
    explain which software will work for it and where I can get it ???

You want to convert a DVD to a VCD. Type convert DVD to VCD in google and your problem is solved. Lot's of software does this. Doom9 also has a section on this if you go to the site.

Unless you need the .DAT files for something else you just need to look for a DVD to VCD converter which will make the .Dat's and everything else your heart desires come true.

Do some research and check it all out. It will all make sense to you once you start reading the pages and trying this stuff.
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

I now have a philips DVD burner, an OEM version was bundled with this drive.

Nero Express version 6.3.1.19 and there is also NERO VISION EXPRESS on it too, the whole CD is called OEM SUITE.

Unfortuately there is only a demo version of the DVD Plug-in which runs out in a months time, is there any way round this so that I can back up my DVD movies all the time with no restrictions.

I really don't believe that everyone actually buys a copy of the plug-in from Ahead, some do probably.

Also am I correct that if I happened to get the serial number that they would send when ordering on-line, and entered it as a new serial number, would that then upgrade the version capabilites?

Just buy the license for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecake
    I now have a philips DVD burner, an OEM version was bundled with this drive.

Nero Express version 6.3.1.19 and there is also NERO VISION EXPRESS on it too, the whole CD is called OEM SUITE.

Unfortuately there is only a demo version of the DVD Plug-in which runs out in a months time, is there any way round this so that I can back up my DVD movies all the time with no restrictions.

I really don't believe that everyone actually buys a copy of the plug-in from Ahead, some do probably.

Also am I correct that if I happened to get the serial number that they would send when ordering on-line, and entered it as a new serial number, would that then upgrade the version capabilites?
    If you want to use the program, you need to purchase it. I can't speak for everyone, but I paid for my copy of Nero (the complete suite, not just the plug-in). You can do this on line. They will email you the serial #. When you enter it, the progam capabilities are upgraded.

You should also be aware that Nero will not backup copy protected DVD's.

I use three programs that work great for copying DVDs.
    For my personal backups only........ I have kids and I don't like buying the same cds twice.

DVD decrypter is about the best decrypting software I have used.
    DVD shrink is necessary to fit the dvd on one dvd.
    I have nero suite.

DVD shrink is supposed to decrypt and shrink but I've ran into some trouble decrypting some dvd with dvd shrink. DVD decrypter is more realible but creates and extra step for me.

After you get the dvd decrypted and shrunk Nero will do a nice job a making the dvd. Nero has two little icons one for cdr and the other one for dvd. You have to click on the dvd icon to let it know you are using a dvd. I didn't see that for a while.

Anyway, there are free programs (well cept nero and that sometimes comes with the burner) and these programs work as well as any dvd copy programs you can buy.....
    The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once............Buckaroo Banzai