Nominations Debate - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations Debate

Banned
    I respect the broads here at WD cause them sweet cake chicks dig the Cleetus so much

I don't pick favorites, I don't think any of the nominations are mod material....but that's just me.

I like everyone nominated in one way or another but just don't think any of them would be good mod material.

here's my thought. a good mod stays out of the fray and remains objective. I can't EVER remember Noo being involved PUBLICLY in any flame wars / battles and before the steam room suwolo didn't either

aside from major kong, everyone nominated fails that test. heck I don't know how ya_know could even exist as a mod here. The major portion of his online personality is that of a button pusher, often times that is how he provokes discussion. that is not acceptable behavior for a mod IMO

the other big factor is availability and aside from Ya_know I haven't seen any of the others here all that much lately (of course they could be lurking) Major Kong sometimes goes a week or two at a time without visiting due to work....probably not the most ideal situation as far as availability.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

To answer why I would vote against Ya_K, I can refer to what I said about Trip.

Trip: Intelligent and means well, but no customer service skills, and will inspire no confidence in the moderation team.

Ya_Know: More or less as above, except more intelligent, and I have never been able to bring myself to believe that he means well.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    I don't pick favorites, I don't think any of the nominations are mod material....but that's just me.

I like everyone nominated in one way or another but just don't think any of them would be good mod material.

here's my thought. a good mod stays out of the fray and remains objective. I can't EVER remember Noo being involved PUBLICLY in any flame wars / battles and before the steam room suwolo didn't either

aside from major kong, everyone nominated fails that test. heck I don't know how ya_know could even exist as a mod here. The major portion of his online personality is that of a button pusher, often times that is how he provokes discussion. that is not acceptable behavior for a mod IMO

the other big factor is availability and aside from Ya_know I haven't seen any of the others here all that much lately (of course they could be lurking) Major Kong sometimes goes a week or two at a time without visiting due to work....probably not the most ideal situation as far as availability.
    I'll play along...

It was impossible for any of us in the list to ever assume that we would be selected as a mod, , I think it caught everyone by surprise. I certainly wasn’t asking for it, got nominated early, and thought, what the hell, it’s not like I don’t like being here. But going back to the lack of assumption, you call me a button pusher, a “thought” provoker, and, perhaps an instigator, although you didn’t actually say all of that. You also claim that NooNoo personifies the objective presence of a good Mod. Now answer me this, of she and the rest of us in the list, how many are actually mods? Just her. How many of us knew that any of our behavior would be “glossed” over in determining whether we could be mod material? I know I didn’t. But for clarity of all of that, if I knew I was on the block, I wouldn’t change who I am, but perhaps my delivery would show more tact.

Going more on that “glossing”, what do those of you that disagree with my nomination hold against me? Air it out. Please don’t be general, go for specifics…if it has anything to do with my sometimes vocal conservative views, how is any of that relevant to my potential ability as a Mod? I mean, if I get in with moding OS’s, there will never be a political debate there. And, why shouldn’t a moderator be allowed his personal beliefs, and be allowed to express that just the same as anyone else?

Or is it because I may have singled one of you out for something, and you have yet to forgive me? I know I slammed Clam something like 3 years ago, and he has NEVER let up on it. I don’t even remember what it was, it was 3 YEARS ago, but it has stuck with us for a very long time, and it shows when he pops in and slams me (although in his credit, with exception to this, he hasn’t done that in several months).

My simple point of all of this. If I were given the chance to mod, I wouldn’t be the same personality in those duties…make sense?

Banned
    You have got to be kidding me.

Are you telling me, you could go be a mod in another part of the forum as well as no longer come back here and start crap with me, iceman, trip, confus-ed or anyone else that says something you disagree with? Hell, look back in the comments section, I backed you up in that case inbetween you and confus-ed, but a mod cannot act like that any more. You would have to become what you are not. If you did, we would be right back to the very same problems with ol Sherrif Q

Let's get one thing straight Ya_Know. I don't even remember the events you keep referring to. My continued "attitude" towards you has always been because of CONTINUED observations of your actions, statements, etc.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I'll play along...

It was impossible for any of us in the list to ever assume that we would be selected as a mod, , I think it caught everyone by surprise. I certainly wasn’t asking for it, got nominated early, and thought, what the hell, it’s not like I don’t like being here. But going back to the lack of assumption, you call me a button pusher, a “thought” provoker, and, perhaps an instigator, although you didn’t actually say all of that. You also claim that NooNoo personifies the objective presence of a good Mod. Now answer me this, of she and the rest of us in the list, how many are actually mods? Just her. How many of us knew that any of our behavior would be “glossed” over in determining whether we could be mod material? I know I didn’t. But for clarity of all of that, if I knew I was on the block, I wouldn’t change who I am, but perhaps my delivery would show more tact.

Going more on that “glossing”, what do those of you that disagree with my nomination hold against me? Air it out. Please don’t be general, go for specifics…if it has anything to do with my sometimes vocal conservative views, how is any of that relevant to my potential ability as a Mod? I mean, if I get in with moding OS’s, there will never be a political debate there. And, why shouldn’t a moderator be allowed his personal beliefs, and be allowed to express that just the same as anyone else?

Or is it because I may have singled one of you out for something, and you have yet to forgive me? I know I slammed Clam something like 3 years ago, and he has NEVER let up on it. I don’t even remember what it was, it was 3 YEARS ago, but it has stuck with us for a very long time, and it shows when he pops in and slams me (although in his credit, with exception to this, he hasn’t done that in several months).

My simple point of all of this. If I were given the chance to mod, I wouldn’t be the same personality in those duties…make sense?
    I have no beef with you ya_know. we have disagreed often and I think even flamed each other once or twice, but I actually like you quite a bit (not in a leg humping kind of way though)

I think the fact that you say you would act differently pretty much says why, in my mind, you aren't mod material. You shouldn't HAVE to act differently.

besides you're usually in the middle of most of the $hit storms around here (save for the last one) if you were mod and not pushing the envelope there wouldn't be anything to mod and cleetus wouldn't have his arch nemesis to contend with, he'd have to kill himself or something.

If I were to nominate anyone past or present it would be macgyver Hands down.....end of discussion.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I'll play along...

What i think is trying to be pointed out here ya_know, it's not an issue of personality or opinion. You have your opinion, me and you have had our disagreements based on our respective opinions when the dust settled on those, we had respect each other's view.

The underlying quality for a moderator is someone who can mediate well between two parties(user and forums policy) and how to handle difficult situations without inflaming it more then it is. Additionaly a moderator will need to make choices that go against their "grain" cause they may be enforcing a regulation that they do not agree or approve of.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

A good moderator certainly needs to come from the community, someone who has always been responsible and helpful. In my opinion, it's up to the Admins to recognize this type of person and approach them. It's interesting to watch the trouble makers shape up when the searching begins

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom
    The underlying quality for a moderator is someone who can mediate well between two parties(user and forums policy) and how to handle difficult situations without inflaming it more then it is. Additionaly a moderator will need to make choices that go against their "grain" cause they may be enforcing a regulation that they do not agree or approve of.
    I think Cleetus said it best when he said WD saved his job. He was able to vent frustrations, whether directly or indirectly, which managed him a cool head IRL. Typically when it comes to my “bad attitude” in the various discussions all over the past 3+ years that I have been here, it’s been a steam vent. What you all fail to rationalize is how is it possible for someone like me to separate from an issue, and manage a situation fairly? I can and I have, but you only remember the “bad attitude” because it sticks, additionally, I have not been a moderator, so it was never my responsibility or within my power to do anything except post subjective opinion.

None of you have ever seen what I do with a responsibility, you’ve focused on the casual sh!t stirrer, and don’t even remember the other parts to my overall personality. You perceive what you want, and believe that it personifies me as a whole, and that’s not me. Even here on the forum, not just IRL, I am more than just that.

I’ll tell you what, none of you will ever know until I get a chance to do it. If the people on top sense it’s something worth doing, then I’ll give it what I’ve got. This forum has gone through a lot of recent change, as have I, both here and in real life.

I’d like to ask those of you against me to think seriously about supporting me. Many of you also perceive my background in the Marines as a militant personality…I think we should all be able to agree that it isn’t who I am at all. But that said, let’s not forget that I was in the Corps, and I know about making difficult decisions for a greater good.

Lastly, at very least, you have to respect my willingness to bring this out and discuss it, before any decision is made by those with power. I mean, the reality is, if I really do have a chance to become a moderator, (which indecently still shocks me), I don’t want to be frowned on by any of the current full time members. Rather, I’d like for you to offer me the benefit of the doubt, and see how things turn out…that is if I really have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G
    A good moderator certainly needs to come from the community, someone who has always been responsible and helpful. In my opinion, it's up to the Admins to recognize this type of person and approach them. It's interesting to watch the trouble makers shape up when the searching begins
    A valuable point, but "shaping up" as you call it, is me pleading my case to the mass. After all, I have not been approached, the nominations have begun, and the discussions ensued. What’s interesting, is watching this unfold, and see how one is perceived by those that believe that they know him. BTW, if you were referencing me in any of that rolling eye, realize this, you don’t know me.

I think Cleetus said it best when he said WD saved his job. He was able to vent frustrations, whether directly or indirectly, which managed him a cool head IRL. Typically when it comes to my “bad attitude” in the various discussions all over the past 3+ years that I have been here, it’s been a steam vent. What you all fail to rationalize is how is it possible for someone like me to separate from an issue, and manage a situation fairly? I can and I have, but you only remember the “bad attitude” because it sticks, additionally, I have not been a moderator, so it was never my responsibility or within my power to do anything except post subjective opinion.

None of you have ever seen what I do with a responsibility, you’ve focused on the casual sh!t stirrer, and don’t even remember the other parts to my overall personality. You perceive what you want, and believe that it personifies me as a whole, and that’s not me. Even here on the forum, not just IRL, I am more than just that.

I’ll tell you what, none of you will ever know until I get a chance to do it. If the people on top sense it’s something worth doing, then I’ll give it what I’ve got. This forum has gone through a lot of recent change, as have I, both here and in real life.

I’d like to ask those of you against me to think seriously about supporting me. Many of you also perceive my background in the Marines as a militant personality…I think we should all be able to agree that it isn’t who I am at all. But that said, let’s not forget that I was in the Corps, and I know about making difficult decisions for a greater good.

Lastly, at very least, you have to respect my willingness to bring this out and discuss it, before any decision is made by those with power. I mean, the reality is, if I really do have a chance to become a moderator, (which indecently still shocks me), I don’t want to be frowned on by any of the current full time members. Rather, I’d like for you to offer me the benefit of the doubt, and see how things turn out…that is if I really have a chance.
    I've at no point made comments about your ability to moderate a forum or not.

I stated that you where an opinionated individual, not that you where a **** stirrer or anything else. There is a difference.

I've not commented my opinions on who would make a good moderator and who would not. I choose not to enter the "nomination" discussion, however, i'm willing to discuss what qualities should be sought after in a moderator.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

How long is this nomination process gonna last ?

It strikes me, that soon the bitching between folks is gonna start (well it has already a little ! ) so can we wrap this up soon ? before it turns into flame bait, which if you ask me, this thread was always likely to become !

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    How long is this nomination process gonna last ?

It strikes me, that soon the bitching between folks is gonna start (well it has already a little ! ) so can we wrap this up soon ? before it turns into flame bait, which if you ask me, this thread was always likely to become !
    That's you Pleading your case???

Hey, before it wraps up, where do you stand? Are you game?

Banned
    Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or even for 6 months, but one day, both Trip and Ya_know will prove me right and start a massive fight and another exodus....

It has become more then obvious that while returning NooNoo to her status was a priority, removing the situation that is Trip as mod has absolutly no concern from the mgmt here despite how many of us have come out and said something against it. Not one public mention.

Of course we are going to argue over the elephant, if you can't see the whole thing, and we aren't shown the whole thing, we will never once meet in the middle.