Probs with NAV2005 and 1723 error - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Probs with NAV2005 and 1723 error

That was my thought when I heard that... it's like filling the tires on your car with cement...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    Geez. Who would want to run NAV2005 on a Cyrix 400mhz? It would be useless due to incredibly slow speed the system would run.
    Believe it or not, I've still got an old Pentium 233MHZ w/96MB RAM running Win98SE and NAV 2004. And, it runs fine. Well, as well as any Pentium 233 would run.

As it says in somebody's location: It's All Relative!
    "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGH!!!" --Howard Dean, Chief of the Democratic Party

Well it's possible... just not a very good idea for the average user...

I have a pentium 233 with 128mb ram running winxp and it's usable but not something I'd setup for a normal user...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

OK OK. It was what the customer wanted. Who would turn down a sale? Well, I would have if I knew then what I know now.
    "It is very dark here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

lol well if it's what the customer wanted... that's their problem
    I wasn't saying it was any "bad call" or anything, I woulda just explained it wasn't a very good idea to put a large program like that on an older machine. I find making it look like I'm saving them money/hassle they'll come back to me for more stuff... I've even managed to convince some people to upgrade their system just so they can use NAV2005

Well I ended up putting NAV 2003 on it. Works great for lowered powered machines. I suggested NOT putting any more $ into a years old Compcrap.
    "It is very dark here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

LOL good call :P 2003 is much better for systems like that...