Need help finding driver

Thread: Need help finding driver

Unhappy Need help finding driver

I am trying to help a neighbor (elderly gentleman-kids gave him an old computer to access internet-now I get to make it happen, you know the story) not that I mind helping but I am having an extremely difficult time trying to find a driver for the modem that is in the PC. It is a US Robotics Sportster Model 0460 (info taken straight from the modem). All driver pages seem to point to the USR site but I have tried all the drivers I could find and none seem to work. I am just trying to save a little time by asking here. Can anyone help? Any info would be appreciated.

Not knowing your operating system I have to guess it is either 95 or 98 being an older machine so I would go here: http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1104/page21/

There on the first pg. that pops up.

Thanks- I have tried most of the drivers that I got on this site but this link did direct me to one that I don't think I have tried yet. Hopefully, it will do the trick.

You say you've been here?
    http://www.usr.com/support/s-main-menu.asp

Which ones did you try? If you're not certain of the model number, click on the Support 101 link. Lots of good info there.
    NOTE: Sometimes the FCC model number matches your Product Code, but many of the older modems will not. For example Model 0460 is not the actual model number but the FCC number. Be sure to look at the label closely. Also note that some of the older products may now be out of warranty and may not be listed on our support pages.

It's also possible that the modem itself has gone bad. It happens. Any chance of swapping in another one?

If it is a PCI modem, these things are pretty cheap nowadays and they all come with drivers. Just make sure that it is compatible with your OS.