Blue Screen of Death

Thread: Blue Screen of Death

Blue Screen of Death

I have another computer that has Windows Me. I turn it on and everything is fine then once the icons, wallpaper, and toolbar shows up, I get a blue screen. It keeps saying: "File Name: VWin32(05) + 00000BF4 Error: 0E: 0028: C0298DCC." No matter how many times I restart it, it keeps showing up. Anyone know what to do?

Have you tired booting into safe mode? I imagine it is something that is attempting to loadup that is causing it.
    Does the blue screen give you any program names?
    Have you recently installed any new software since the last time it booted up fine?

Are you running automatic updates? I had a similar situation with an ME box, and there was a particular update that game me that error. Consistently happened in the first update after I would roll back changes.

I can go to safe mode but not normal mode. I didn't upload any new software but I would imagine that it would work fine. No I'm not running automatic updates.

When I go turn the computer on, after you see the log in box and I would log in, It would sometimes crash and I press CTRL+ALT+DEL. The box shows up and a list of "Rundll32s" are on that list. So I'm guessing is that.

Far as I know this is a glitch you see sometimes with nVidia's latest video drivers. Do you have an nVidia video card or nVidia on-board video chip? If you do, try booting into Safe Mode, right clicking on your desktop, and in the settings tab, click Advanced and change the display adapter to Standard VGA. This will generate an error message, but just hit OK and reboot.

If you come up in standard mode OK, reinstall your original video driver from CD or go here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_archive.html to download an older driver. TURN OFF your antivirus software before you install any driver downloaded from nVidia.

Even though I didnt have that program, It still worked! Thank You so much!

Ok, it doesnt work for a long time though. I would go to safe mode, right click to properties, click on the settings tab, then click advanced. After that I would go to adapter and change it to my default. Then restart and go to normal mode and everything would be fine. Then a few hours later it would come back. So I tried this method again. This time it didn't work. Does anyone else have any suggestions?