Am I ok? =)

Thread: Am I ok? =)

Am I ok? =)

Hello!

I've just got a wireless router and NIC.

I set up the router with WPA-PSK protection, then I used the Windows Zero thing to locate my locate the router. The Windows thing said it used WPA, and asked me for a passphrase which I entered (I had set this in the router before). And now the network works fine.

I also went to MAC Filter, set Active: Yes, Filter Action: Allow, and entered my MAC, my PC was then disconnected and connected again.

It all seems to work now, what I'm wondering, is:

1) Do I need to setup anything more or set up in another way or am I secure?
    2) If I have a friend who doesn't support WPA, can I still use this (I've heard it's best) and allow him to connect using another method
    3) There's a Zyxel tool with the NIC, but the manual says you can use either Windows or Zyxel, is Windows just as good or should I use the supplied tool?

Thanks!

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I'd turn of SSID broadcast as well.

I prefer the manufacturers tool, but sometimes the windows inbuilt wifi tool is better, give both a try and see what works best.

I enabled "Hide Name(SSID)" and I think G+ will only work with Zyxel's hardware, Windows maxes as 54Mbps