Win98 Installation

Thread: Win98 Installation

Post Win98 Installation

When I install windows 98 on my PC during the setup of the Hardware I am asked to supply drivers for a PCI CARD. The drivers do not seem to be on the win98 cd. When Win98 has finished installing, I have to PCI Cards listed in the Device Manager under Other Devices. I have installed a PCI Modem and Sound Card and these install ok, but the 2 PCI Cards remain with yellow exclamation marks through them.

Please Help, thanks

You'll have to look at the back of the case and ID which cards are not loaded correctly into the system.

One of those cards may be a video card, the other may be something like a network card.

Unfortunately, PCI card doesn't really describe devices too well. The best thing you could probably do is shut down the machine and remove all the cards. Startup and let the machine ID that card and install drivers. Then shut the machine down again and repeat this process for each card. When you get that PCI card, then you will know exactly which cards are the problem.

--So says Polychronopolis..

Thanks for replying. The video is onboard and when I remove the cards the PCI CARD is still showing in the device manager

Does the mobo have an amr modem slot, this shows up as a pci card?

can you give us more info on the motherboard?
    And Control Enter STILL wont let me post a reply.