AMD upgrade question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AMD upgrade question

Did you hook up the power supply (4 wire power line like for disk drive, NOT floppy drive)?

No, Didn't think i had too! haha, my bad! thank CCT...

Probably you have not seated the card properly. Do you get 3 beeps when it starts?
    Failing that, it might be as simple as not connecting the cable to the monitor properly - there are two screws and it should be done up securely and EVENLY.

Having said that, I did have one brand new out of the box video card which did exactly that, the dsub connector was faulty.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Probably you have not seated the card properly. Do you get 3 beeps when it starts?
    Failing that, it might be as simple as not connecting the cable to the monitor properly - there are two screws and it should be done up securely and EVENLY.

Having said that, I did have one brand new out of the box video card which did exactly that, the dsub connector was faulty.
    Nah NooNoo, No beeps at all, she never booted up. CCT hit it right on the head, it needed the power cord, after installing the the video card with the power cord my pc booted right up with no problems at all, now everything is fine! you guys rock!!