p5w dh and norton ghost

Thread: p5w dh and norton ghost

p5w dh and norton ghost

I have a ASUS P5W DH motherboard and norton ghost 2003 updated, I always make boot disk on floopy and do backups in dos, rather than use program, but everytime I run it I get a "internal stack overflow, system halted error", I am certain it is to do with bios settings, all my three hard drives are sata, can I add anything in the paramater line while making boot disk? any ideas appreciated.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

The SATA drives may need a driver added to the boot disk... What is the DOS on your boot disk? 98se? Caldera?

scroll down half way and start reading there is an interesting point about boot diskettes and scsi drivers
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Workaround

I have found a workaround, but no cure, I can't think why it took me so long to think of it, use the ghost 2003 cd or a previous cd backup to boot
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Fair enough!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."