remote desktop on windows 2003?????

Thread: remote desktop on windows 2003?????

Exclamation remote desktop on windows 2003?????

Dear all, i just tried remote my windows 2003 from xp client with remote desktop but only 2 client has a right to connect in the same time. is there any solution for more then 2 client connect directly to windows 2003 server???? thank you for your attention.

Berst Regards,
    Gobel

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for your quick reply NooNoo, i use windows 2003 server enterprise edition. If i'm using ultra vnc, what about the client? they will see different desktop sames like the default connection using remote desktop ( only 2 ) ???

Best Regards,

Gobel

Not sure, without diving through the Eula. It depends on how you have set up the server (per seat, per server) Read the link I posted before, it explains how the licencing works. If you don't have enough CALs you need to buy some.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sounds like you have SBS. If this is the case then it is limited to only two users. Technically you can get 3 by adding console to the end of the address. this gives you the console login (Machine admin) plus two remote sessions. (Not recomended).

Ok guys, thanks for your information. i really appreciated. GBU

Best Regards,

Gobel

Hi,

I believe the solution is to license the box as terminal server for the number of logons you require. An SBS 2003 box cannot be licensed as a terminal server.

Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003 (incl. SBS) allow for two concurrent terminal server/rdp logons in administrative mode only.

Unless you are setting up a server box as a dedicated terminal server to host applications, it is not a good idea to let general users log into it remotely. Allowing general users to use an SBS box as a remotely accessed workstation, for example, is a really bad idea.

Remote Web Workspace, which allows remote access to XP Pro workstations on the network, (native to SBS 2003 and can be setup with Server 2003) is a better idea, although a remote user cannot log into an workstation at the same time a local user is logged in -- no concurrent sharing allowed.

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!