Intel Application Accelerator - quality

Thread: Intel Application Accelerator - quality

Thumbs up Intel Application Accelerator - quality

Ok - so I haven't been keeping up, and maybe you guys have already seen, installed, tested it etc.

But I downloaded Intel's Application Accelerator for Intel chipset, and it's really cool. I've got 850 chipset and P4, and I really notice the improvement... It is an update for the Ultra ATA storage drivers.

Got to <a href="http://www.intel.com," target="_blank">www.intel.com,</a> go to support, go to downloads, and select "chipsets".

Well worth it. Boot time is dramatically reduced...
    MG Metro Turbos rule

Never saw that before either thanks for the tip!
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

From the Lockergnome.com newsgroups...

"Just found the new (2.0) program in another group (comp.sys.hp.hardware), downloaded and installed it --kablam, immediate bsod, system froze, had to hit the main power button and then again to restart, tried the safe mode option, bam, bsod, thank god my XP Pro OS gave me the choice to restart with my last good working system. This is the same program I think Chris had a problem with months ago with an earlier version. Any utility after installation that won't let me get into safe mode is too damn dangerous to keep around. Be warned."

And the reply from Chris Pirillo (TechTV's CallForHelp)
    "It's the EXACT program. In fact, I blast the hell out of it in the next CPU magazine. A little too late for ya. Anyway, I've opened a dialogue with the right guy at Intel. Could you - or anyone who's had a problem with this probgram [a problematic program] - please e-mail me ALL the important details."

Chris does contribute to a good magazine (Computer Power User, CPU for short, its pretty good, take a look)
    Good old NetWare 3.11... if only modern O/Ss were made of the same stuff. Forget Windows 2000 for 99.999% uptime, this one had it ten years ago.

gutted!

All I can say is it's worked ok on my PC (Win2k, Gigabyte mobo with 830 chipset, P4 1.4 etc etc).

Bizarre! The version I'm on is 2.0.0.2093.
    MG Metro Turbos rule

er, that should say "850" chipset, in case anyone was wondering :-)
    MG Metro Turbos rule

I noticed a 15%jump in my sandra drive bench with it, vs w9x's default driver for the 810 chipset on my GF's comp....
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

when i had the windows XP beta I hosed my system using Intel drivers. Luckily, I just popped the CD in and chose restore windows and I was all set.
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?

Cool

HI!

I am using Intel Application Accelerator utility on my system and I have to say that it is a great one.My system literally seems faster and more responsive.I am using a beta version of this Intel utility which has an option called Acoustics Management, what it does is it gives U a chance to turn off your drives' sound or acoustics.No more hard drive noise !!!Literally!
    Anywho I turned this thing on and I see no reduced performance on my system ,it is as fast as it was before but without hard drive noise .I love this thing...

Intel 815 chipset (ASus CUSL2-c)
    PIII 800
    IBM DESKSTAR 41gb drive
    Windows XP Pro

whenever I am wrong, the world makes a little less sense!

Cool

works great for me on my intel board

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sweet! Worked great for my W2K box here at work; I'll have to check it out at home with my Win98SE box.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.