Keyboard Shortcuts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keyboard Shortcuts

ctrl + enter will do the same, you don't need the alt.

[quote]Originally posted by Road Warrior:
    <strong>Here is my favorite - In IE5, type the name of the site you want to go to (no http, www or .com) and hit ctrl+alt+enter. It fills in the other stuff for ya. Only works for .com, though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

jvalliere

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by cyberankhamun:

Ctrl + C = copy and V = paste (old though)</font>
    But they work across most apps.

Also Ctrl=Z is undo.

I use them quite often, along with the Windows key combo's.

------------------
    I keep hitting Escape...Why am I still here??

godofuq

My favorite at this time aside from the regular (ctrl+alt+del, start+pause/break, ctrl+esc, tab, shift+tab, f5, alt+f4, start+m) is really just particular to some machines. Start+P+I for internet explorer. Gotta love it when you're closing and opening browser windows all day for your job.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

-Aplustech

pHattmAtt

Hi all,

just a couple of extentions to a shortcut I have already posted...

alt+space x = maximise window

alt+space n = minimise window

hmmm, whilst I'm typing this I can't remember if these have been posted:

PrtSc = place a copy of the current screen onto the clipboard

alt+PrtSc = place a copy of the current window onto the clipboard

These don't work with every program though...

Matt.

Vette2000

If you want to highlight several files in a folder to move or delete ( also works on Outlook Express to delete many e-mails at once ) click on one file then hit CTRL+A it will save you from clicking one file at a time. It highlights all files in that folder.

mlowe

One that has been missed that I use all the time is

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC = Task Manager...

------------------
    Matt
    AKA ShadowKing
    "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

pHattmAtt

That task manager shortcut is cool...

Another set I've remembered are used during the drag/drop of files and directories:

Depending on the source and destination windows defaults the drap/drop action to either copy, move or shortcut. The action to be performed is shown next to the pointer; blank is move, + means copy and the arrow means create shortcut. To change the action press the following keys once you have "grabbed" the icons:

Shift - Changes action to move (arrow or + to blank)

Ctrl - Changes action to copy (arrow or blank to +)

Alt - Changes action to shortcut (+ or blank to arrow)

These speed up drag/drop operations (well for me anyway)

MikeTurley

If you are running a Win2K terminal session in full screen, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Pause will put it into a window so you can minimise it. Repeat to go back to full screen.

senectus - kbgm

Exclamation

In *nix the alt+c or v will do copy and paste.. Dunno why they chose to have it different from windows...

also in win2k if you highlight the exec file the hold down shift and right click on it, you can then choose to run/install a program as a different user (usefull if you want to install a program as administrator but not waste time by logging out...
    In IE you can ctrl+n for a new window (I use this lots)

------------------
    Eradicating the world of id10t5 since 1974

Another useful combo I've found is ALT+Escape. It appears to toggle the active window. This is especially useful when you don't use the mouse and need to change focus to a properties windows (Which doesn't respond to a Alt + Tab).

--So Says Polychronopolis..

When digging down into directories that open up in individual windows, holding down SHIFT while closing the last window opened will also shut down the parent windows.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

If you press F2 followed by the space bar and then "delete" followed by "num lock" and then "scroll lock" followed by "page down" followed by "Caps locks" and then type, all your words show on the display as capital letters.

Pretty Cool Eh?
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall internet the world

[quote]Originally posted by protechpc:
    <strong>If you press F2 followed by the space bar and then "delete" followed by "num lock" and then "scroll lock" followed by "page down" followed by "Caps locks" and then type, all your words show on the display as capital letters.

Pretty Cool Eh?</strong><hr></blockquote>

pretty funny

found these today-
    if you type .. (two periods) in start>run it opens the windows folder or \ will take you to your C: drive.

It's already here, but my fave is WINDOWS+D....helps when I should be doing hw instead of playing games....
    http://www.animeinfinity.com/hota-ch.../sinistral.gif

The natural world is full of females falling hard for stupid male display behavior, including bright feathers, big antlers, and bombastic courtship rituals.

So maybe it's not the men who are stupid?