[RESOLVED] ?th annual Worst Computer Awards - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [RESOLVED] ?th annual Worst Computer Awards

Well, I would have to say that I agree with most of you. To sum everything up, any computer with proprietary componants such as emachines, packard bells, HPs, Compaq, or the such ... suck. Iceman was dead on about WD HDs. They have a very high failure rate. (the 40 that he ordered had many fail after two or three days of use). I have had Maxtor & Quantum HDs fail as well but Maxtor has a great warranty and I have always had a replacement in my hands within a week. The last drive sent back was a 20Gb and they replaced it with a brand new 60Gb. Thats what I call service.

As far as sound cards, the only ones i realy hate are yamaha's. I have never had one work perfectly right away, or most times, at all. Sound Blaster(any of them) seem to be the most consistant when it comes to haveing a card work with all my software.

Any MBO with onboard video is on the bottom of my list. The ones that I have had the best performance from come from ABit. ASUS takes a close second. (Heat produced is also a factor, along with the ability to report it properly. Asus doesn't do a good job in this respect)

The only good thing that I can think of about the lunchbox computers(e-machines etc) is the amount of work they generate. If it wasn't for those types of computer, many of us would probably be out of work. Although I hate telling a customer that their powersupply is gonna cost between $120 and $150 to replace.

Well, thats my two cents worth.

eMachines - hands down the worst junk since Packard Bell!!!

Kenny P.

[quote]Originally posted by 10 of 40:
    <strong>Yes, it's time again for the WORST COMPUTER Awards! Keep it above P75s, thank you very much,</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll cast my vote for the PCs in the company I used to do support for, called Fountain Tech.

They were:
    Pionex, Quantex, Inova, Ennova, Cybermax, and about 5 others.

They were all horrible machines!
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!