[RESOLVED] motherboard

Thread: [RESOLVED] motherboard

GAM1

Post motherboard

I just replace my mother board with a Giga-Byte GA-7ZXR and a 1ghz T-bird cpu. now when i boot up into windows I get these messages. Unknown CPU, Scan freq/cpu fail, and sorry we do not support this mainboard. I run the latest driver and Bio,s upgrades on everything that I am using . Any help? Heres A list of what I am using Windows 98 SE, Monster Fusion vidio card (AGP)Mustek 1200ls scanner(SCSI CARD) Cirrus Modem, Onboard sound card. Thanks for any help Greg[*]

When changing any device that is such an integral part of the operating system through the proper detection of resources and installation of drivers, it is probably best to go into regedit and delete the enum key found under My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum. Then reboot and let Windows redetect all your hardware. Be forwarned however...have all your driver disks ready--Windows will need them.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

GAM1

Sowula I removed the drivers just as you said ,and the problem still exist,s. could it be that my video card is not compatible with this new motherboard. or how about my scsi card for my scanner?

Next step. Have you installed the VIA 4in1 Drivers for your motherboard? Get version 4.29 here.

GAM1

Sorry no go on the VIA download ,problem still there. But I will keep trying. Greg

Ok. Are you certain that the motherboard is properly configured for your processor--all the system voltages, Front Side Bus, CPU Multiplier...? Are your RAM and PowerSupply AMD certified?

GAM1

Sowulo: I have checked all of the settings and had 2 other people check also. I sent Giga - Byte 2 E-mails but no answers yet Thanks for trying to help . If you think of anything else just post it or E-Mail me .somehow I will get to the root of this problem. Thanks Greg Mummert

Lightbulb

other than runnig the Enum Delete thing - try this - Boot to safe mode.

Go to device manager and remove Everything except "Plug and Play BIOS"

then open Regedit

go to HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Class

delete all the "0000..."0001" and so on under the device categories.. (FDC..HDC..)

rember NOT TO DELETE the "000x" key for the "Plug and Play BIOS"

Originally posted by GAM1:
    Sowulo: I have checked all of the settings and had 2 other people check also. I sent Giga - Byte 2 E-mails but no answers yet Thanks for trying to help . If you think of anything else just post it or E-Mail me .somehow I will get to the root of this problem. Thanks Greg Mummert
    Moving forward....You have to think like a detective here and eliminate as many variables as possible...there is always an answer some are just harder to get to than others......if there is more than one thing wrong it can get very difficult to separate the symptoms so simplify...remove the modem & scsi cards and try again. Try booting with a different video card. Is the CPU fan/heatsink properly seated and certified? Do you have access to another CPU? Try a different PowerSupply. Replace the RAM....