Hate your job?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate your job??

Talking

I like my job atm, mainly because im self employed and just walk to my study to go to work in the mornings. But, as usual, all good things must come to an end. Im not making enough money to support my fiances need to buy a house, so its off i go into the big bad cruel support world again. *sigh*
    Insert Signature Here...

------------------------------

Red face

I actually like my job pretty well. Everyone's really cool and laid back, and the job is cake. Even the users aren't all that bad. Now my last job, well, we won't go into that...

Originally posted by Hound:
    I like my job atm, mainly because im self employed and just walk to my study to go to work in the mornings. But, as usual, all good things must come to an end. Im not making enough money to support my fiances need to buy a house, so its off i go into the big bad cruel support world again. *sigh*
    Another perth boy, hurrah!

I'll be back down in perth again in a few months, the work situation out here in kalgoorlie, quite frankly, blows goats.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

I have a love-hate relationship with my job... I love it, it has been a great opportunity for me to get expierience and have good challenges and I like the work itself.... I hate it, especially the office politics crap I have to put up with. I am really sick of that crap. I have never really gone out of my way to impress people. I have always been "hey this is who I am". I am expected to do this. I do just because I like the job itself, but my self-esteem has not this low since I was a 13 year old kid stuggling with growing up...
    May you live in Interesting Times.

rrrr this j o b is realy on my last nerve. i thought this would have been a step foward in my currier but it is realy a step back with better pay. having expressed my consern to do diffrent thing and hold more certifications than any one here(not that it madders but it took work to get them and i am proud that i have them)i have to get out of here fast. i am gowin crazzy. Politics SUCK
    Impounded impressions of aggressive democracy see lil need to help poverty/
    A land of freedom? Of wealth? Of justice?
    I fear not for me, but for my children to wake up and see, that I am nothing but a slave
    In modern society

CobraTekMax

I don't know what I do anymore really. I think they pay me to post on Windrivers and play Black & White all day. And every once in a while, I do stuff that's related to maintaining a network but that's not very often.

Amen Cobra...I now have someone helping me support my users (he is only temp, but it is still a relief)....I now find MUCH more time for WinDrivers...that's ok though...making pretty good $ to post here!!! HEHEHEHE!!!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Talking

I have to say I like my present job very much. I like being independent, taking ownership of my territory and dealing with the customers in my own way (I've only had one known complaint). I have no boss looking over my shoulder, I determine the priorities, and if I want to take some comp time and go fishin, I can. Only drawbacks are that I have to stay on the job until the machine is fixed, or a replacement is ordered, which can run into some long hours. I sometimes have to drive over 350 miles in a day. And the pay is not as good as I'd like. But, is it ever????

My previous job sucked big time. My daily roundtrip commute was 130 miles. I was up at 4am, and usually didn't get to bed until 11pm. It was boring, no challenges, routine, and way too much was piled on me, so I burned out quickly.
    I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

Evil, ive never lived in Kal but even though they say that the industry is slow, there are still plenty of jobs for lvl 1 and 2 down here in Perth. not to mention the higher level engineer roles on offer.
    Insert Signature Here...

------------------------------

Job??? Whats a Job????

I'm a ex-highschool student, who is studying for qualifications, but as i know more than the majority of the teachers, my life is verrrry boring.........

Originally posted by Dav:
    *snip*
    My previous job sucked big time. My daily roundtrip commute was 130 miles. I was up at 4am, and usually didn't get to bed until 11pm. It was boring, no challenges, routine, and way too much was piled on me, so I burned out quickly.[/B]
    Wow Dave, sounds exactly like the job I currently have... ugghh
    There are only two things in life, but I forgot what they are. --John Hiatt

Still hatin' my job....
    Some days you are the dog, some days you are the Hydrant.

visit http://www.digifuge.com

LOVE my job!

pga

Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    I hate not having a job!!!! All the business's round this way are closing down... The only one that will survive, won't employ me because it is owned by my girlfriends aunt & uncle and they class me as 'family' which is against company policy
    Umm... are your aunt and uncle married? if they are they've broken their own policy and by not hiring you, it's discrimination hehehe

As far as hating my job goes..... i only hate the work part.... everything else is great!

Computer Renaissance, now I HATED that. I'm surprised that I stayed there as long as I did. The pay was barely above minimum wage, the hours were obscene, I had no benefits, had to make due with almost no equipment or supplies, and I had to work the entire store myself (sales, tech, phones, admin, janitor, you name it).

Now, I've got a great job. I'm idle a huge portion of the time, which gives me plenty of time to check Windrivers and stuff. I actually do some critical work here, so I'm not just warming a chair, I actually do earn my keep. I do consider myself underpaid, but I doubt if I'd enjoy a job elsewhere as much, even if it paid twice this.